Thread: On Voting Third Party

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: On Voting Third Party

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
    The whole system needs to be reformed, starting with consistent primary rules for all parties. Electoral college should be looked t also.

Every American’s vote needs to count.

The million$ wasted on negative advertising and media sickens me, as it could house and feed a lot of people who need REAL help, not vapid promises.

I honestly can’t wait for this cycle to be over.
    Oh, (re)districting comes first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sine View Post
    Oh, (re)districting comes first.
    I'd buy that. Here in Illinois the Supreme court blocked putting non-partisan redistricting on the November ballot. I don't know their reasoning, but I think it's terrible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Florida has had GIS based districting tools for close to two decades. Legislators directly enter various criteria via available user interfaces and a matching district is drawn. Each enters criteria favorable to their candidacy, big surprise, and proposes the result for adoption. I can't imagine how much time and money has been spent by the state legislature's GIS departments in development, maintenance and upgrades, not to mention the legislators and their staff, in jockeying for individually beneficial district designs. You wouldn't believe the shape of some of the results. That adults don't call bull shit on these sorts of shenanigans is mind bending. Actually, at this point I have ceased to be surprised and have become merely disappointed.

When the legislature decides that residents living on two acres can have a dump truck drop a load of dirt in the yard and then use that as a firing range, you know that the adults have abandoned their posts and that even greater things are in the offing....like Trump.

foreign policy watch
    John Clay
    Tallahassee, FL
    My Framebuilding: https://www.flickr.com/photos/21624415@N04/sets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

Quote Originally Posted by jclay View Post
    You wouldn't believe the shape of some of the results. That adults don't call bull shit on these sorts of shenanigans is mind bending. Actually, at this point I have ceased to be surprised and have become merely disappointed.
    Ha, I live in Maryland.

Maryland’s 3rd District: America'''s Most Gerrymandered Congressional District | New Republic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go ahead, vote for a third party candidate, and maybe you'll help this guy...

Trump recorded having extremely lewd conversation about women in 25 - The Washington Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll be in Mexico on Election Day. If Trump gets elected and builds his wall, at least we'll be on the correct side.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mabouya View Post

Trump recorded having extremely lewd conversation about women in 25 - The Washington Post
    Yes D.T. is a horrible person, but Mike Pence will be day to day president.
    D.T. will be running the "Make America Great" brand building exercise, no day to day responsibility.
    At least that was the offer to Kasich, when he was offered the vice presidency.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mabouya View Post

Depends on the state, of course. In solid Team Red or Team Blue states, it won't hurt a thing, and will help balance out the institutional bias against 3rd parties.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott G. View Post
    Yes D.T. is a horrible person, but Mike Pence will be day to day president.
    D.T. will be running the "Make America Great" brand building exercise, no day to day responsibility.
    At least that was the offer to Kasich, when he was offered the vice presidency.
    Are you offering this as a reason to vote for that loathsome motherfucker?
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just as a process observation... I thought some of the more academic discussions were enlightening. I think some of the more specific politicking (like where this is headed) is both uninteresting and frankly against the vSalon politburo's stated desires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=davids;809060]Are you offering this as a reason to vote for that loathsome motherfucker?[/QUOTE

-- damn, knew i respected and xxoo'd you.. "shit stinks & it draws flys.."

ronnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boys, just keep in mind all Trumps jackass actions occurred while in the private sector.

Hillary’s non-stop lying, scamming, email-server, lying to congress, self serving bank account building, Benghazi lying, paying female staffers less, uranium dealing to Russia happened when she was a government official, working for ALL OF US.

I see a tremendous difference.

And anything Trumps guilty of, husband Bill has done 100x worse. Why bring up The Cheater in chief? Because SHE does. Let’s put an accused rapist in the White House. Again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Just explaining why millions of American citizens will be voting for D.T.,
    D.T. see the presidency as a Trophy like his buildings, he wants to win the prize.
    But he is totally uninterested in actually doing the job, as the Onion said, it is the worst job in America.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Not taking sides here, but do you really think this is the first Presidential Candidate or President to be a womanizer and speak this way in private?

And moreover, do you think these tabloid-topics deserve more media attention than the U.S. economy, education, national debt, job exodus, national security etc?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daltex View Post
    Not taking sides here, but do you really think this is the first Presidential Candidate or President to be a womanizer and speak this way in private?
    Not by a long shot, but if the misogenistic ways of entitled dick holes like this guy start to become public knowledge, then the public will be forced to act. Kind of like how police violence against black men was always an issue or black men, but with the advent of pocket camcorders attached to our phones we're all forced to deal with the issue.

This chump can't even go a week without drama more akin to the Kardashians than the oval office...how is he ever going to manage international diplomacy (Duterte?), let alone a 9-11 or Pearl Harbor? If youre conservative, write in Kasich or Bush. Far as I can tell they are looking the best right now by not endorsing the shithead.
    Jason Babcock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mjbabcock View Post
    Not by a long shot, but if the misogenistic ways of entitled dick holes like this guy start to become public knowledge, then the public will be forced to act. Kind of like how police violence against black men was always an issue or black men, but with the advent of pocket camcorders attached to our phones we're all forced to deal with the issue.

This chump can't even go a week without drama more akin to the Kardashians than the oval office...how is he ever going to manage international diplomacy (Duterte?), let alone a 9-11 or Pearl Harbor? If youre conservative, write in Kasich or Bush. Far as I can tell they are looking the best right now by not endorsing the shithead.
    Do you think these tabloid-topics deserve more media attention than the U.S. economy, education, national debt, job exodus, national security etc?

And I can't see anyone managing national diplomacy worse than its currently being managed. Bloomberg ran a story today that Russia is talking about reclaiming Cuba.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya know, if our country could capitalize on all of the intellectual capital (to use neo-liberal terminology) we have wasted over the years through overt and implicit racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia...etc. then maybe a national discussion about how to stop pushing so many to the margins by "grabbing their pussies" (his words, not mine) is worth ignoring Russia or the national debt for a while.

As for diplomacy, didnt we have 150,000 troops abroad eight years ago. I work with a lot of them through the G.I. Bill and I can tell you that our foreign policy of ten years ago was way more detrimental to our nations health than some hacking or threats to claim Cuba.
    Jason Babcock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? ****phobia is censored? What the fuck?
    Jason Babcock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, and "xeno" isn't, wtf? As in, "What are we going to do with all these fucking xenos and leppos?"
    G. Johnson: "I don't think we should send them to a leppo colony."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tweaked the settings so that shouldn't happen anymore.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids