User Tag List

Thread: am I crazy???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default am I crazy???

Hello - I am having a commuter bike built, and am wanting carbon forks that can take 180mm rotors, is thru axle, and can handle 700x50mm tires. Enve Mountain fork looks to be the best option, but being in the Pac NW I need full-on fenders. Has anyone tried mounting a front fender to the existing removable mini fender by drilling and attaching said fender to the mini fender, then attached the fender stays to the forks via clamps? If I drill a hole(s) to attach, let's say an SKS or PB Cascadia ALX fender, from underneath, will I be covered, or am I crazy? Would it be better to place the fender on top of the Enve mini fender? Does anyone know of a fork out there that's carbon and meets the above prerequisites? Much appreciated.
    Tpazwa in the Pac NW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: am I crazy???

Your front rotor requirement puts you into mountain bike forks automatically I believe. If you can drop down to a 160 front, then you can look closer at offerings from Whisky like their No. 9 or Rodeo Lab's Spork. There are forks out there that are road/gravel that can handle a 50mm tire that have fender mounts but that 180mm front rotor is the sticking point. I don't know of any road fork that was built to handle a 180mm rotor.
    Kristofer Henry : 44 BIKES : Made to Shred™
    www.44bikes.com · Flickr · Facebook · Instagram