User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can i retrieve a skype password if the registered email is kapput?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can i retrieve a skype password if the registered email is kapput?

The dark side of communications technology.
    slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Can i retrieve a skype password if the registered email is kapput?

Quote Originally Posted by colker View Post
    The dark side of communications technology.
    Good luck, I have been trying for months. All I want to do is cancel the damned thing but it's impossible.

Now that Skype is part of Microsoft you have to go through a lengthy process of answering questions to verify your identity and get access. God help you if you cannot remember the answers (or whether things were capitalized, or ...) when you set the account up however many years ago.

I am now locked out as Microsoft have come to the conclusion that I am not actually me, therefore I can't get access to my account.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMB View Post
    Good luck, I have been trying for months. All I want to do is cancel the damned thing but it's impossible.

Now that Skype is part of Microsoft you have to go through a lengthy process of answering questions to verify your identity and get access. God help you if you cannot remember the answers (or whether things were capitalized, or ...) when you set the account up however many years ago.

I am now locked out as Microsoft have come to the conclusion that I am not actually me, therefore I can't get access to my account.
    Nice. Got to love those things.
    slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colker View Post
    Nice. Got to love those things.
    Yeah, I had a Skype phone number which I had forwarded to my cell phone so that I had a "US phone number" as well.

Problem is I now have various collection agencies and banks phoning me at all hours looking for Eduardo, or Stanley or whatever other name has given out that number.

And I can't cancel the f'ing Skype account and I can't block the numbers because they all phone from different numbers ........

technology.