User Tag List

Thread: Argon Pipeline

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Argon Pipeline

I decided recently that I don't like having my regulator/flowmeter attached to the top of my argon tank; I don't use a cart, and I'd like to place the tank wherever it's most convenient, especially since I recently switched to a monster-sized tank. To make a long story short, my dual flowmeter unit isn't even compatible with the diameter of the tank!

I'm trying to recreate what Ron from UBI described to me in a conversation a year or more ago, so I bought the Victor EDGE 0781-5122 regulator to output a low pressure (it only goes up to 60) so I can run rubber hose to a manifold at my welding station, but I'm having trouble finding flowmeter-only units to attach to the manifold. They are few and far in between, at least where I know to look, and the Victor FM145 - which looks like the right tool for the job - just seems overpriced to me. A quick search on eBay brings up a used one that sold last year for $20, so $200+ each new just feels wrong.

I am considering disassembling my dual flowmeter assembly to harvest the flowmeters, but I'd rather not if I have other options. It'd be a good backup.

Am I in a rabbit hole here? Is there a better solution I'm not seeing because I'm not looking for it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Argon Pipeline

There are some great industrial welding vendors in the Portland area. Call them up and ask for advise and supplies to set up a small manifold system.

Whenever messing around with compressed gasses, go to the pros and ask/ pay them for the help.