Thread: Warmoth or similar brands?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Warmoth or similar brands?

Hey,

Anyone have experience with the build-to-spec guitar brands like Warmoth?

I've been kicking around the idea of having a strat-like body made with LP controls, Floyd Rose + Wizard neck. I can't seem to find something like this in the wild.

T
    elysian
    Tom Tolhurst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Warmoth or similar brands?

I've been satisfied with all the Warmoth stuff I've purchased - bass body, bass neck, guitar neck, pickguards. It's nicer than anything you'd pick up at Guitar Center. You'll need to level the frets on the necks, but I think that'd be the case on any neck you buy anywhere.

Other guys swear by USA Custom Guitars I've never used them, so I can't comment there.

I think you could get exactly what you want from Warmoth. Not sure if they'll do an upper bout toggle switch, but it's worth picking up the phone and calling them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awesome thanks.
    elysian
    Tom Tolhurst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a couple partscasters that I have played for years made of Warmoth parts. They are great, better than the overpriced Fender "custom shop" stuff. Haven't bought anything for a few years, so don't know if quality is still there. One thing I suggest is (if you are getting a fender-style neck) ask if they have any quartersawn maple available. I upgraded to this on a couple necks. It is true that it doesn't seem to make much difference in sond, feel, etc., , but it was a fairly small upcharge and seems like it has resulted in super solid necks. Well, I guess regular maple necks are super solid too, but why not if it's available . . ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is also Musikraft, i had a bass neck made by them and it was very nice. not any cheaper than warmoth or anything but, atleast for basses, the headstock is closer to a proper fender than warmoth is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I own two basses made with Warmoth parts, and have been perfectly happy with both of them. The neck on the fretless 5-string -- which was made over 20 years ago, in a different style/size than their current offerings, so not sure how germane this still is -- is quite possibly the best feeling neck of any instrument I've ever played. I have that neck mounted on a body I just ordered last year, custom built to spec; they got it 100% right, and on time. Wouldn't hesitate to buy/build another one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought a telecaster neck from USA Custom Guitars and it is awesome. They are great to deal with and have great web specials on their site very often.