User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: My side project, and the Salon's predictions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My side project, and the Salon's predictions!

When I'm not haunting the salon, or working, or riding I've been spending a lot of time working on this side project. It's a website called creds.me and it's about making predictions about the future. As you know, anybody can spout off on the internet about something or other, but it's hard to know whether a person is credible in a particular subject. We want to be the arbiter of whose predictions are credible.

It functions a lot like a prediction market, except it costs you nothing. The idea is that you participate just to demonstrate your own credibility. We've got tons of work to do still, but we've reached a point where we're pretty proud of what we've accomplished.

So why do you care? Welll, the forum makes a lot of prognostications about bike technology, race results, team transactions etc. But it's pretty tough to look back and see who did well, especially over a long period of time, which means that some people are missing out on big-time bragging rights! So, I'd like to invite you all to come check out Creds! Creds has some grand tour predictions seeded, but you can make your own statements about any subject you'd like.

One note: you'll have to login using some other service (google, twitter, fb), and it will assign you a username automatically, but you can change that username so that you'll be recognizable to all the salon folks.

Feel free to use the "contact" link to share feedback, or send them to me here. If I've crossed some sort of spam line, I apologize! I'm not making any money doing this at this juncture, although I hope to eventually.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: My side project, and the Salon's predictions!

Quote Originally Posted by lemonlaug View Post
    I'm not making any money doing this at this juncture, although I hope to eventually.
    I presume you have the solution to N/A

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: My side project, and the Salon's predictions!

Quote Originally Posted by Human Epic Jolt View Post
    I presume you have the solution to N/A
    Meaning the case where the event just kinda never happens? We're trying to encourage folks to include dates in their statements for this reason. "Someone will die" is always true eventually, by a certain date is perhaps more interesting. Eventually we expect to have different kinds of interfaces for these types of statements. I.e. If a thing happens, when will it happen by?