Dear Guest, Please register or login. Content don't create itself! Thank you

User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Terrific Tuesdays, or "How I learned to stop worrying and love _________"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Terrific Tuesdays, or "How I learned to stop worrying and love _________"

Today I love my Castelli knee warmers. They're fucking great. Also great is my Acorn handlebar bag. We ran out of half and half at work (again) so I was able to get some riding in without a messenger bag/backpack. Pretty excellent.

How's your Tuesday going?
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Terrific Tuesdays, or "How I learned to stop worrying and love _________"

My Tuesday is great. I rode my 1up this morning for an hour. It's a really great trainer, and I love working out first thing - makes the whole day feel more productive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Terrific Tuesdays, or "How I learned to stop worrying and love _________"

i have a sinus infection making me miserable and am hard at work sitting on my ass, but since it's tuesday, i love my GD bikes, and i especially love riding them

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good. I got to go bash around on the bike for an hour 20 before work. Only down side, I found out my new Castelli kneewarmers are too big.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pretty sure this is my idea from last weeks grumpy thursday thread. I do not want credit, i just want to play.

Its 70 degrees, Dec. 4 in Algood, TN. No wind and slightly overcast. I am the boss and i am going to ride my bike 18 miles home and then on 6 miles of private trails at my backdoor.. JEALOUS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rowdyhillrambler View Post
    I am pretty sure this is my idea from last weeks grumpy thursday thread. I do not want credit, i just want to play.
    It totally is. I just ran with it. Full credit coming your way!
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"tubulars" I rode flat for 3 miles today because I didn't feel like putting my spare on.

Then I hated tubulars a few hours later when I put a new tire and got glue all over my hands and desk because I hulk'ed the Mastik tube by accident.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tuesday is my Saturday. I get to ride tonight. It's good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got the OK to stop using ancient technology (GOODBYE RA-4).
    Got the go-ahead to use the funds for ancient technology to buy modern technology.

Looks like I'm gonna get to play with a 64" printer very soon!
    elysian
    Tom Tolhurst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful day today! And I went out with a couple of fellow commuter folks for a lunch ride. I've never done that before. It was awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weather is splendid. Used the bike to run errands. I love hand delivering mail to save stamps and as an excuse to ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

50 degree weather in December in Michigan. It's nice not to have to dress like an astronaut to ride my bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice.
    Sunshine. We are having a freakishly sunny warm day in DC. It is the highest compliment to my senses, respite from inevitable dark days ahead but today I eat cake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68f & sunny, 71 miles, 4200 feet climbing, 3:45, solo, on some of the most beautiful roads you could imagine.
    Then hung w/the young'ins, helped w/homework, and a had killer dinner w/chicken, baked taters, chili and salad.
    Twas and is a Very rare & hard earned 'mental health' day taken to the heavens, and a day I won't forget for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like someone that posted above, Tuesday is also my Saturday. No complaints from the jewel of the Jersey Shore: I did a couple of hours on coastal roads, just arm warmers and knee warmers needed on an unseasonably warm day. I've been blithely riding on 23c tubulars through all the post hurricane detritus; I'm yet to pay the price. Nice long walk with the dog afterwards. Dinner washed down by some imperial stouts (Brooklyn) this evening. Tomorrow is back to reality, dropping my JCW off for a new clutch (the job will cost as much as a new custom frame). But hey, it's still Tuesday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I built blue wheels. Take it as you will.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aside from Sunday, I've missed out on much of this fine weather riding, but wrapping up a hell side project that will pay for Christmas and personal property taxes. Bah, humdinger!

And square taper never done me wrong.