Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rant (or venting..)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rant (or venting..)

Inverter machines SUCK. In the garbage it goes. Syncrowave for replacement. Big, heavy, loud and REPAIRABLE!! 1 week lost so I could be told it is a $1500 repair that "might" be the problem. Worst part is I was not using it when it broke. Never let people use your shit. Thanks for reading.

-Drew
    Drew Guldalian
    Engin Cycles
    www.engincycles.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EnginCycles View Post
    Inverter machines SUCK. In the garbage it goes. Syncrowave for replacement. Big, heavy, loud and REPAIRABLE!! 1 week lost so I could be told it is a $1500 repair that "might" be the problem. Worst part is I was not using it when it broke. Never let people use your shit. Thanks for reading.

-Drew
    a good sub 5A DC inverter power source should only be about $1200 these days no? save your money, the next one will last longer.
    Nick Crumpton
    crumptoncycles.com
    Instagram
    "Tradition is a guide, not a jailer" —Justin Robinson
    "Mastery before Creativity"—Nicholas Crumpton 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crumpton View Post
    a good sub 5A DC inverter power source should only be about $1200 these days no? save your money, the next one will last longer.
    I will eventually fix the inverter for a back-up machine. The syncrowave is just a tried and true machine that I will not regret buying. The mobility of the inverter is really not useful and I only bought it since it got rave reviews.

-Drew
    Drew Guldalian
    Engin Cycles
    www.engincycles.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will eventually fix the inverter for a back-up machine. The syncrowave is just a tried and true machine that I will not regret buying. The mobility of the inverter is really not useful and I only bought it since it got rave reviews.

-Drew
    which one croaked on you?
    Nick Crumpton
    crumptoncycles.com
    Instagram
    "Tradition is a guide, not a jailer" —Justin Robinson
    "Mastery before Creativity"—Nicholas Crumpton 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crumpton View Post
    which one croaked on you?
    Maxstar 200DX
    Drew Guldalian
    Engin Cycles
    www.engincycles.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love my big, hulking, old fashioned, totally not hip and cool Syncrowave

Sorry to hear of your inverters untimely demise Drew.

rody

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Drew
    Sorry to hear about your inverter machine Drew. I had a Maxstar 150 for years and liked it but I got a 10 year old Syncrowave 250 about 10 years ago and it's been great. It's got "fan on demand" and we run such low amperage the fan rarely comes on (only when welding aluminum on hot days). It's nice to have the silence, it helps me concentrate. I noticed some pretty obvious differences between the inverter and the transformer when welding and initially didn't like the transformer machine as much, especially down low, but once I adapted I really started to love it. Have fun with your new machine.
    Carl Strong
    Strong Frames Inc.
    www.strongframes.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got me a Miller Syncowave 250 DX ... pure and sweet.
    The one time the fan came on I nearly shit my pants, cause I never heard it in 5 years of owning it.I was welding a 34 Ford rear end, and it was set at 300 amps.Shit was incredible!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread really comes at a perfect time for me, i've been wiping Dynasty 200dx drool off my chin for at least a year, now not so much. I guess I'll quit passing on all the craigslist Syncrowaves. I really just need something with a pulser on it.
    I'm bummed for you Drew, welders aren't supposed to go bad, but thanks in a way.

-Jake

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a Miller Syncrowave 250 which I purchased new in 1994 when a pulser was not an option. We ran this machine in a production environment until 1999. A year ago I bought a Miller PC-300 GTAW Pulser Control for $250 on ebay, which also works great. Miller no longer makes these, but you can still find them. I feel this machine is bullet proof. Just my 2 cents.
    Cheers,
    Hub
    http://hubcapcycles.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hub View Post
    I have a Miller Syncrowave 250 which I purchased new in 1994 when a pulser was not an option. We ran this machine in a production environment until 1999. A year ago I bought a Miller PC-300 GTAW Pulser Control for $250 on ebay, which also works great. Miller no longer makes these, but you can still find them. I feel this machine is bullet proof. Just my 2 cents.
    Cheers,
    Hub
    http://hubcapcycles.com
    Hey Hub, are the fourteen pin hookups universal between lincoln and miller, I know the miller unit you are talking about uses that plug. How exactly does the pulse unit hook into the system?
    thanks,
    Jake

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jake,
    The foot control hooks into the box with 5 pins, and the box pugs into the machine where the foot control would go, also with 5 pins. I don't think this unit would work with a Lincoln, but a guy I know has almost the same add on for his Lincoln, made by Lincoln. It also is a in the foot control line set up, and also works great.
    Hub

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lincoln tig pulser part #K1619-1a, new $340. Might want to see if that will work.
    Hub

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hub View Post
    Lincoln tig pulser part #K1619-1a, new $340. Might want to see if that will work.
    Hub
    Thats awsome Hub, thanks.
    I'll take a look to see if it compatable with my square wave.