Dear Guest, Please register or login. Content don't create itself! Thank you

User Tag List

Page 85 of 362 FirstFirst ... 757677787980818283848586878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    Park Street + 100 degrees = hellacious urine smell.
    park street + 100 degrees + hellacious urine smell = opportune time for some talentless jerk to start strumming on a guitar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 103 fever, baby had 107 last night and had to go to the ER (but thankfully is 'only' 103 now herself). Wife has a 3-day seminar that she can't miss and I'm on duty. At least our 4-YO has been a doll lately.
    Sean Chaney
    www.vertigocycles.com
    a peek behind the curtain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Chase Anderson. That cat is still healing. WTF dewd? Hurry up and get well so I can bust your nuts.
    My grump is that the phrasing here is... off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boxerboxer View Post
    My grump is that the phrasing here is... off.
    Quit bustin' his balls, capisce?

James-Gandolfini-in-his-r-016.jpg

Lost a good one yesterday.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GAAP View Post
    About a year ago, one of my friends discovered that his wife had been cheating on him with his business partner. This had been going on for well over a year. My friend is a kind, giving, gentle soul. He was devastated.

A year later what chaps MY ass is: 12 months of 2x a week marriage-therapy and my friend can now 'admit' that it was in fact HIS fault.

What a bunch of psycho-babble, PC nonsense.
    Saw the same thing. My friend is taking ballroom dancing classes and bought an RV to make his wife less of a whore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by houston View Post
    Saw the same thing. My friend is taking ballroom dancing classes and bought an RV to make his wife less of a whore.
    RV = Less??!?? Hmmmkay.
    dropping...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chancerider View Post
    RV = Less??!?? Hmmmkay.
    When the RV is travelling at highway speeds, its much harder for his wife to sneak out the window to go whore-ing around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GAAP View Post
    When the RV is travelling at highway speeds, its much harder for his wife to sneak out the window to go whore-ing around.
    Takin' the act on the road. Seen it done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Girls, it's time to STFU. Today is friday.
    You know the drill. Drop and push.
    xxoo, Toots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Dog Owner,

If your dog freaks out every time a bicycle goes by, maybe it is not a good idea to bring it on the bike path. Also, saying "he's harmless" as he lunges at people is not helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insomnia sucks. And a very pregnant wife who now snores doesn't help.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Fulton County Sheriff. A rider was killed on Tuesday by an overtaking driver in his Chevy pickup. The sheriff apparently accepted the driver's account uncritically, saying that it was not possible to tell on which side of the white line each party was. In NYS it is not required for the cyclist to be to the right of the white line, only as far to the right as is most safe and furthermore the cyclist is obliged to take the lane to prevent unsafe passing. Since the minimum traffic lane is 12 feet and the largest Chevy Silverado has a maximum width of 96 inches, that leaves four feet the driver could have given without crossing the center line. The sheriff needs to explain how safe passing results in a dead person. The sheriff went on to say the rider wasn't wearing reflective gear (four hours after sunrise on a partly cloudy June day) or a helmet (yeah, accelerating from 10mph to 50mph in a split second - he was climbing a steep hill - that helmet would have been the difference and allowed him to absorb the energy unscathed) it really was the rider's fault.

And the Schenectady Gazette, which apparently bought the sheriff's account without asking any decent questions at all, like "did you check the driver's cell phone for activity" or "how about the shoulder at the scene, how wide is it and in what condition" or "the driver says he wasn't speeding and you are OK with that" or anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paula Dean, FOX news called they want to make you an anchor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Tollefson View Post
    Insomnia sucks. And a very pregnant wife who now snores doesn't help.
    just hope it stops after the baby is born...OOF

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goddamn it, I've not nothing to complain about this week!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Five days of work in three days. ...because I took two vacation days.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobqzz View Post
    Dear Dog Owner,

If your dog freaks out every time a bicycle goes by, maybe it is not a good idea to bring it on the bike path. Also, saying "he's harmless" as he lunges at people is not helpful.
    A solid punt with your shoe while telling the dog owner, "too bad I'm not harmless" ought to do the trick. Best if that punt is administered to the dog owner, not the dog though.

My grump is clients (specifically the project sponsor, who doesn't actually do any work to move things along, but "has to report to senior leadership") who only want to focus on who is to blame for project delays, thus causing more delays, instead of focusing on what needs to be done (by their own staff) to get the project back on schedule. Client, you can point fingers and assign blame when we're done, mmkay?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The song "One Way Or Another" by Blondie. If there's a more puerile piece of crap on "classic rock" radio rotation today I haven't found it. The thing sounds like it was written to be used as a 20-second clip in a movie - and it has, over and over. Also, I hear it at least once a day at work which is not helping matters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Day 9 of a cold and cough. I am not a happy camper.
    life is too short to drink bad wine....

Stuart Levy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's raining balls and I'm trapped in an Econo Lodge outside Binghamton with EddieB.

To be continued...
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright