Hello all,
I am just finishing up Frame #1 and I decided to build my own Fork. I was looking into buying the Bringheli or buying the 80-20 kit from Alex Wetmore, but after a lot of research and thought, I decided to take the plunge and make my own. It's build on a 40mm square rigid extrusion profile from MiSUMi. All in all I think it turned out pretty nice! It cost me around $145.00 plus about 6 hours of my time. I also had to buy a 1/2" Ball End mill to make the dummy axle holder. One thing that saved me a ton of time is this site Automation Materials.com | MiSUMi | METAL > Plates. It's a website also buy MiSUMi which allows you to spec 6 sided milled material block to 0.1mm spec which means you can hit almost all inch and metric measurements you need. I ordered the big V-block this way so I wouldn't have to worry about flatness and I could just tap of with my edge finder and go. The chunk of aluminum milled six sides was only $38.00. I don't know how they do it!

Anyways here are the pictures.

I am going to be adding pointers and scales as soon as they come in. It's designed to hold an Anvil Dummy Axle, which should hopefully be here this weekend. If anybody wants design drawings and a parts list, I'd be happy to share. I can whip up some solid prints in Solidworks.

Thanks, and happy building!