Mainly in two areas. First is that the meat falls off of the bone when cooked using a pressure cooker, and I'm not sure it's all that tender either. This happened with both veal shanks and beef shanks (though the veal shanks were tender like they were supposed to be). Is there a trick re: how they should be positioned during cooking? Or perhaps should I just get some twines?

The other has to do with the "bloodiness" taste of the meat. I don't know if that's the right term to use, but it's a bit pungent (in a not so good way). FWIW, this wasn't an issue with the veal shanks, nor was it an issue with steak cuts (all from the same butcher shop, and all are grass-fed and finished). The smell was noticeable as soon as I unwrapped the beef shanks from its packaging, and for whatever reason, that particular smell/taste didn't go away during the cooking process, and I'm wondering if there's something else I could do.

I've had beef shanks osso-buco style at restaurants before, and those certainly didn't have the bloodiness issue. So I'm thinking there must be something I could do to take care of it. Perhaps marinading in something alcoholic ahead of time? Previously, I've had similar issues when buying stew beef, and the taste was so damn awful that I basically stopped buying beef other than the occasional steak.