User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Branding. Who do you use for products?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Branding. Who do you use for products?

Fellas,

Not sure if this has ever been covered before, but I am looking for suppliers to help brand my business. Does anyone have a good lead on (dare I say it, "affordable" ) clothing, cycling caps and other hard goods?

If someone is cheap but a pita to deal with, dont mention them. I am only looking for quality, reputable companies for this.

Fire away!

Thanks

DW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the "affordable" cycling kit market is dominated by Champion Systems. I've been using them for a couple of years and have enjoyed the relationship. However, I have decided to move to Vermarc for my next order. I have been using their products through the club I belong to and their gear is top-shelf. Yes, it's more expensive. Almost double. But the bibs last a lot longer and the general comfiness and design of all items is superior.

There are three main reasons I am switching.
    1) I want to align myself with a company that is known for top quality.
    2) My customers have griped about the current products wearing out quickly.
    3) It's what I want to ride in every day. I find myself going out the door in my club kit rather than my Zanconato kit more and more, especially as the miles have gone up lately. I am my own traveling billboard. I should be in my own kit as often as possible (every day).

My opinion is any product that a builder sells with the company logo on it should be top 'o the line. I believe customers correlate the quality of all of the products that a builder sells across the board to the quality of the frames.

Yes, I will probably sell fewer jerseys and bibs. But I know that what does end up in the hands of the customers is representative of the quality I aspire to with the bikes.
    Mike Zanconato
    Web
    | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Flickr | Tumblr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mike,

Great ideology. Thanks for your insight.
    One problem I am facing is that I dont want to shell out thousands of $ and have the product sit on the shelf. Ya know? Looking for that happy "medium"

DW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I looked into Vermarc. They do make great stuff. The pricing seemed a little out of touch with reality. It didn't make sense to me from a resale stand point. Still great stuff and I don't want that to sound like I'm dissing a great company and product.

I'm placing an order with Voler in the next couple of weeks. Their minimums are a little higher than some. Pricing is in line with other premium makers like Verge. They seem easy to deal with and they make their own stuff in house. That has value to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
    Mike,

Great ideology. Thanks for your insight.
    One problem I am facing is that I dont want to shell out thousands of $ and have the product sit on the shelf. Ya know? Looking for that happy "medium"

DW
    Send a pre-order email to your customer list. I bet you will get a lot of folks getting in on it and it makes your buy-in a little easier. Then buy a few extras for new customers.

Regarding Vermarc pricing being out of touch...well compared to what? In my mind, it's a bargain compared to Assos and the stuff lasts and lasts. They have earned their pro reputation. Having spent many many riding and racing miles in the stuff, it's all I want to ride in. And a Pro-Tour level product image doesn't hurt either.

In the end, every business owner has to balance their needs and find a match from a supplier.
    Mike Zanconato
    Web

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've been riding the Vermarc stuff for about a year now and like it. I like and wear the Verge and Voler stuff too. I don't see any of them wearing out any faster than the other yet are equally comfortable. But the way the Vermarc stuff was priced (at least what I was quoted) I'd have to sell the jerseys and bibs for a lot more to make any money. Like Assos pricing. For me, the products are all excellent but the additional cost just didn't seem justified. That's just me and again I'm not down on Vermarc. Just trying to clarify my earlier post. The bottom line is there are a lot of good choices right now for custom clothing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed. it is incredible what is available right now. there are very few places you can go wrong.
    Mike Zanconato
    Web