Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ultrasonic cleaner?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ultrasonic cleaner?

This might be the wrong crowd to ask but I'm firing it off anyway.

Can anyone recommend an ultrasonic cleaner that would be appropriate for de-crapifying tube ends in a time efficient manner? What kind of solution is used and do I want an open container of it in my shop?
    Sean Chaney
    www.vertigocycles.com
    a peek behind the curtain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VertigoCycles View Post

Can anyone recommend an ultrasonic cleaner that would be appropriate for de-crapifying tube ends in a time efficient manner? What kind of solution is used and do I want an open container of it in my shop?
    I don't clean tubes with mine but I use one for small parts. I put a Nalgene bottle of Acetone in the cleaner and put the parts (or tube ends in your case) in the Acetone. I used to have one that was a super duper heated unit that you could clean full length tubes in but the cost and hassle of running it for one off frames wasn't worth it. If I didn't have the unit I have now which cost about $750 I wouldn't spend my money on one. You can get by quite nicely without one, even for titanium.
    Carl Strong
    Strong Frames Inc.
    www.strongframes.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VertigoCycles View Post

Distilled water. Simple Green. Keep the water in your tank pure and put your cleaning solution/water mix in a bag and then insert that into your tank. Put your tubes in the bag. Makes it easy to keep the tank clean and keeps the dirt in the bag.

As far as brands, mines a Branson 7000. It's near 10 years old and still works fine.
    "It's better to not know so much than to know so many things that ain't so." -- Josh Billings, 1885

A man with any character at all must have enemies and places he is not welcome—in the end we are not only defined by our friends, but also those aligned against us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh he!! yes!!! I swear by them and use a Crest CP200HT for last few yrs. It is a workhorse and is used alot. Bugsplatbuddahbob gave me a case of some biodegradable parts cleaner solution he use to sell to the military that is great. If you are able to spend the $$ do it
    Archibald, nice thought my cleaner is constantly a mess...will follow your lead.