Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shaving Soap

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Shaving Soap

Whiskers be like stars in the sky bubba. Some are cat-like others require a lawn mower.

IIRC that tar soap foams nicely. Most of us need some lubricating film to keep the razor from removing a layer of skin.

Hmmmm NixFrixShun Shaving Goo?

BTW "Stinky' Boot" coffee brand was brilliant. That is still a house favorite :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My wife is making soap for Grand Tetons Lodge on Friday and can punch out a few round bars for beta testing. They'll be huckleberry which is all Grand Teton sells, but it's not an overwhelming or sweet scent. It has shea butter, beeswax, and coconut oil, so it should be skin friendly for shaving. I shave with the peppermint scrub and my skin is happy.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    My wife is making soap for Grand Tetons Lodge on Friday and can punch out a few round bars for beta testing. They'll be huckleberry which is all Grand Teton sells, but it's not an overwhelming or sweet scent. It has shea butter, beeswax, and coconut oil, so it should be skin friendly for shaving. I shave with the peppermint scrub and my skin is happy.
    I have seen many recent pictures that would cast into doubt the “I shave ….” Part of that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMB View Post
    I have seen many recent pictures that would cast into doubt the “I shave ….” Part of that.
    I shave my neck below my beard, and when the mood hits me and the weather warms up, my legs. Fortunately, as I've aged, I'm seeing some male pattern baldness on my legs, but my neck has always been the area that is most sensitive to bad shaving products.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have three soaps for beta testing. They are 2.25" or 54mm in diameter. Dragons Blood, Peppermint Scrub, and Bay Rum. PM me if you're interested, and I'll send one. It's free (like the first hit of meth), and if they don't work out, you have a nice small bar of soap. Hopefully, the fluted edge will keep them from wedging in a cup.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You and your better half are amazing and I love the bar soaps.

I'll watch for results and hold out for something with no scent...I'm funny that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tried shaving with the Farm Soaps I recently purchased and generally they work well for me. So far the vanilla-oat (a free sample included with my order) has been the best, very mild, almost earthy scent (I am typically not a fan of vanilla), more lubricatice than the others with the best lather level. Thinking the bay rum might be somewhat similar, I'd be interested in trying one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by donevwil View Post
    I've tried shaving with the Farm Soaps I recently purchased and generally they work well for me. So far the vanilla-oat (a free sample included with my order) has been the best, very mild, almost earthy scent (I am typically not a fan of vanilla), more lubricatice than the others with the best lather level. Thinking the bay rum might be somewhat similar, I'd be interested in trying one.
    We will get it in the mail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12