User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Shaving Soap

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    29,824
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Shaving Soap

    Whiskers be like stars in the sky bubba. Some are cat-like others require a lawn mower.

    IIRC that tar soap foams nicely. Most of us need some lubricating film to keep the razor from removing a layer of skin.

    Hmmmm NixFrixShun Shaving Goo?

    BTW "Stinky' Boot" coffee brand was brilliant. That is still a house favorite :)

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Northwest AZ
    Posts
    6,050
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Shaving Soap

    My wife is making soap for Grand Tetons Lodge on Friday and can punch out a few round bars for beta testing. They'll be huckleberry which is all Grand Teton sells, but it's not an overwhelming or sweet scent. It has shea butter, beeswax, and coconut oil, so it should be skin friendly for shaving. I shave with the peppermint scrub and my skin is happy.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Okanagan Valley, BC. Canada.
    Posts
    2,867
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Shaving Soap

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    My wife is making soap for Grand Tetons Lodge on Friday and can punch out a few round bars for beta testing. They'll be huckleberry which is all Grand Teton sells, but it's not an overwhelming or sweet scent. It has shea butter, beeswax, and coconut oil, so it should be skin friendly for shaving. I shave with the peppermint scrub and my skin is happy.
    I have seen many recent pictures that would cast into doubt the “I shave ….” Part of that.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Northwest AZ
    Posts
    6,050
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Shaving Soap

    Quote Originally Posted by TMB View Post
    I have seen many recent pictures that would cast into doubt the “I shave ….” Part of that.
    I shave my neck below my beard, and when the mood hits me and the weather warms up, my legs. Fortunately, as I've aged, I'm seeing some male pattern baldness on my legs, but my neck has always been the area that is most sensitive to bad shaving products.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Northwest AZ
    Posts
    6,050
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Shaving Soap

    I have three soaps for beta testing. They are 2.25" or 54mm in diameter. Dragons Blood, Peppermint Scrub, and Bay Rum. PM me if you're interested, and I'll send one. It's free (like the first hit of meth), and if they don't work out, you have a nice small bar of soap. Hopefully, the fluted edge will keep them from wedging in a cup.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    29,824
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Shaving Soap

    You and your better half are amazing and I love the bar soaps.

    I'll watch for results and hold out for something with no scent...I'm funny that way.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Petaluma, CA
    Posts
    537
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Shaving Soap

    I've tried shaving with the Farm Soaps I recently purchased and generally they work well for me. So far the vanilla-oat (a free sample included with my order) has been the best, very mild, almost earthy scent (I am typically not a fan of vanilla), more lubricatice than the others with the best lather level. Thinking the bay rum might be somewhat similar, I'd be interested in trying one.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Northwest AZ
    Posts
    6,050
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Shaving Soap

    Quote Originally Posted by donevwil View Post
    I've tried shaving with the Farm Soaps I recently purchased and generally they work well for me. So far the vanilla-oat (a free sample included with my order) has been the best, very mild, almost earthy scent (I am typically not a fan of vanilla), more lubricatice than the others with the best lather level. Thinking the bay rum might be somewhat similar, I'd be interested in trying one.
    We will get it in the mail.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Handmade soap
    By bigbill in forum VSalon HandMade Gallery (non-cycling)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-08-2024, 02:11 PM
  2. Hand Made Soap from: www.farmsoap.com
    By Too Tall in forum Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2023, 08:47 AM
  3. Beard Soap and Gooey Stuff
    By j44ke in forum Reviews
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-06-2016, 09:38 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •