User Tag List

Thread: Best (non-cycling) Clothing Purchase 2023

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Best (non-cycling) Clothing Purchase 2023

Work jacket "collab" by Le Mont St. Michael and Wood Wood. The former is the original maker from 1913 now rejuvenated and the latter is Copenhagen hip. I have never been so trendy. But it has a grillion pockets I use for tools and repels thorns from my down filled underbelly. My shoes go with it. Worn daily.

What else?
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Best (non-cycling) Clothing Purchase 2023

It even has pockets for your gauloises.

Normally, when you get into the world of French or Scandi hipster wear, it gets quite expensive. This is designed in Brittany. For whatever reason, there are still small shops in Brittany making reasonable priced clothing.

Norse Projects out of Copenhagen is nice, but a bit overpriced.
    https://www.norseprojects.com/store/...rojects-campus

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picked up this quilted blazer last month and have been a big fan so far.
    Good for winter business travel as my job gets more and more informal, but also looks good with jeans and Sambas.

my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys buy non-cycling clothes every year?

I went to the Dearborn denim store when they were selling factory seconds and bought 2 pairs. All sewn in Chicago and I regret not getting more of the $35 pants that are now my favorites.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big fan of Imogene and willie - picked up their Hall CPO in blanket stripe. This is my 2nd CPO from them and well worth it.

https://imogeneandwillie.com/product...blanket-stripe

Their flannels are also fantastic and a staple of mine for this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh! Almost forgot….
    After sitting on a waitlist for 4 years + 1 year wait for delivery, one of my top grail boots from Alden finally arrived:

Color 4 Wingtip boot on double leather + reverse welt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two pairs of merino long-johns from Backcountry, to replace the pair I lost at the hotel in LHR on New Year 2023, which I barely had for a month when I lost them. I've gotten very susceptible to the effects of cold weather in the last five years, and these (along with the puffer vest I bought in late 2022) allow me to stay warm without having to heat my 2nd-floor office to over 70 degrees. They are also really handy (or is it leggy) when I need to remove snow in freezing temperatures.

I also really like the pairs of merino socks I got from competitive cyclist. Yes, they are technically sold under a cycling brand (and made by the cycling apparel manufacturer Giordana), but these are perhaps the best merino socks I've had, with 70% wool content the highest I've seen.

The garment I'd liked to purchase but did not get a chance to buy is a 3-piece tweed suit ensemble, to replace the 3-piece suit that I presently wear as a sportcoat. My wife insists on a lighter shade of blue (as to my preference for light grey), but the retailer hasn't had a resupply of its light blue tweed fabric for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by rec head View Post
    You guys buy non-cycling clothes every year?
    I did spend quite a bit from 2012 to 2017, and most of my stuff (dress shirts, suits, sportcoats, etc.) are from that time period.

But I can't really think of any non-cycling apparel purchase from middle 2019 to mid 2022 other than one pair of replacement jeans and one pair of replacement Onitsuka sneakers. Granted, I did buy a 3/4 length down parka in early 2019 in preparation for our move to Wisc. and the aforementioned long-johns and vest in late 2022, but most of my apparel-related spending for the past four years is for dry-cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really early last year I picked a waxed jacket from Huckberry, darker color of the same one Pedro Pascal wears in 'The Last of Us'. Really like it. Buuuut, having lost about 25-30lbs last year I'm on the cusp of being able to size down. Mine is a large, they had them on sale in Nov and I bought a medium. Loved the way it fit as far as length and arm length, but it was too snug around the belly. I could button it up, but, it was too tight to wear or move around, so I returned it. Hopefully this Nov they put them on sale again and I'll be skinny enough to get into the smaller size.

Waxed jacket

Picked up a grey denim jacket (in a medium!) last weekend and have enjoyed it this week. It's a nice lighter weight option than the waxed jacket.
    Last edited by dgaddis; 01-06-2024 at 05:54 PM.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    Picked up this quilted blazer last month and have been a big fan so far.
    Good for winter business travel as my job gets more and more informal, but also looks good with jeans and Sambas.

Really like this. Don't see it on the website though. However, I am a sucker for hoodies and there is a nice orange one.

Last edited by j44ke; 01-08-2024 at 10:24 AM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Really like this. Don't see it on the website though. However, I am a sucker for hoodies and there is a nice orange one.

Check Huckberry- they seem to carry most of the Relwen line
    my name is Matt