Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rapha Pro Team Winter Jacket OG vs NewG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rapha Pro Team Winter Jacket OG vs NewG

I've been rockin' a Rapha Pro Team Jacket for about 6 years. This jacket is far and away the best thing you can put on for winter tempo rides. I wear a wicking undershirt underneath, the jacket is perfect down to nearly freezing/sunny conditions.

Horrors, the fabric finally said uncle. I ordered the New-G version, that arrived so I'm hear to tell you the sizing is bizarre to say the least. Body is made to fit someone half my size and the remainder is spot on perfection. Basically it is a Rapha Winter Waist coat.

Quality is fantastic...if it even nearly fit me. Sheesh.

If you are not Too Tall I will venture to say you will like the jacket.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Rapha Pro Team Winter Jacket OG vs NewG

I find Rapha sizing weird. I gave up on their jerseys - the sleeves were way too long (which is unusual for me) so I had to get them altered but the body was so short it was ridiculous. Same with their shorts - admittedly I've been wearing the XXL for a few years but I would be happy if they were 2" shorter.

I switched to wearing Torm jerseys and they've been great - a good bit longer and fit really well.
    It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same jacket as the Tall One and I second the accolades..it just works in cold conditions and it’s only weak points are dealing with rain and snow, which is not what is is designed for. I should add those are several of my weak points as well. Now you're going to make me search the used market and see what I can stockpile, as it’s about the same age.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    Same jacket as the Tall One and I second the accolades..it just works in cold conditions and it’s only weak points are dealing with rain and snow, which is not what is is designed for. I should add those are several of my weak points as well. Now you're going to make me search the used market and see what I can stockpile, as it’s about the same age.
    Coming soon.....Velocio Men's Signature Softshell for review. It is not designed as a tempo riding jacked however the materials favor a well ventilated rig. Cautiously optimistic here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Velocio goods seem to get good reviews.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TESTED!!!! Velocio Men's Signature Softshell

Riding conditions: 42-45 overcast with wet roads.

The jacket is fantastic, it effectively blocks wind while maintaining very good moisture venting. Whatever the fabrics is I love it. One feature I really adore is a two way zipper and a tall collar. You could easily take this for a ride in 32F and make it work or ride up to 50F and let the thing fly with zippers 1/2 staff.

If Velocio were to add some extra reflective piping here and there they would hear nothing but applause from moi.

I'm wearing their XL for my 210lbs/36 arm and 35 waist, it fits like a glove so brother be warned. If you are not a bean pole there could be fit issues.

Velocio is pitch perfect for returns, no fussing so it is not that big a deal to try a couple sizes and get it right.

Thanks for all the fish and good night.
    Last edited by Too Tall; 12-02-2023 at 04:37 PM.

Eastern Vermont, White River Junction-Hanover, NH area
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am wearing my Velocio Signature Jacket as I write this, having just got back from a mid-30's ride and still cooling down. I'm surprised Josh can fit in an XL. I'm 6-2, 185, and am wearing an XXL and it fits fine. I do have a Rapha Winter Softshell in the closet, but this one seems to have replaced it in the last couple of years. Nice orange color, too. I don't ride below 30 due to the possibility of ice on the road, so this one works for as low as I go. Upper range well into the 40's (F, that is.)