If an amateur framebuilder constructs no more than a few bicycle frames/year for individuals in exchange for their providing the materials and making monetary contributions directly to agreed upon political candidates or good works organizations of the builder’s choosing, could the builder and his/her assets (assuming a competent, detailed release of liability) be protected against liability and injury claims (without going bankrupt in the process)?

Because I enjoy the craft and that type of bicycle, I’d like to build no more than two or three all-road/randonneur frame/fork sets per year for the numerous folks that have been requesting same for some years now. I am not interested in a commercial venture and am unwilling to expose myself to liability/financial ruin for doing so. Could this or some other type of arrangement achieve my goal?

If there any attorneys on VS that could give me a quick yes/maybe/no read on it I’d sure appreciate it. If the answer is a slam dunk “no, you can’t really be protected” then it will save me some trouble and dosh; if “yes” or “maybe” then I’ll know to seek solid, paid counsel.

Thanks much!