Thread: Multi-thread content; single chainring, wavers and dodgy hamstring

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Multi-thread content; single chainring, wavers and dodgy hamstring

I rode to work today.

On the gravel bike with a single chainring.

The chain did not come off.

I didn't wave to anyone. I did get smiled at by a woman running (I smiled back).

I got passed by some blokes on gravel bikes (with single chainrings). They said hello. I said hello back and sat in their wheel.

I did not see any former heads of state to give the finger (and I was wearing the same or similar Gore jacket as the bloke giving Boris the finger).

After a shower at work and walking with my gear to the office I noticed that my right hamstring was hurting. But, it did not hurt when I was riding.

Discuss...???

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Multi-thread content; single chainring, wavers and dodgy hamstring

monday

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shopping at the coop this morning a woman knocked a bunch of glass jars over and was totally deflated, crushed even. She said it's one of those days. I gave her a hug and rubbed her back to cheer her up.

I walked the dogs along the river later, then rode my bike back from dropping off my car to be serviced. There were two large snakes road-killed on the first climb. Big ones.

Cormac McCarthy has written his last book.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if we can collapse the forum into a single thread? Or would that cause a black hole to open up underneath our feet?
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clothes Line Saga.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    monday
    A day ending in a Y?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    I wonder if we can collapse the forum into a single thread? Or would that cause a black hole to open up underneath our feet?
    Yes. See Interstellar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And if you did do that and a black hole opened beneath our feet, it might be good for the one photo per day thread. Again...see Interstellar!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably unleashes Cthulhu, thereby bringing never-ending darkness

Eastern Vermont, White River Junction-Hanover, NH area
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echappist View Post
    Probably unleashes Cthulhu, thereby bringing never-ending darkness
    I thought his name was Chigurh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OT but there's a great article in the WSJ today about flying with a fishing vest (and cargo pants) to skirt baggage fees

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if we can collapse the forum into a single thread?
    Isn't it what we call a social media?
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'd discover that all threads lead to Archibald.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or Zappa

Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did American Apparel die? I used to love their t-shirts but the new online only offerings are inferior. I've been abroad and never heard the full story. Does anyone wear their t-shirts? Or if you don't and have found something better let me know. What's the AA story?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever happened to Roy Munson?
    "Humilis humilibus...Inflectans arroganibus....."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ides1056 View Post
    or Zappa

Amusing quote:

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Amusing quote:

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
    This is exactly why the Italian government keeps propping up Air Italia, which I believe the current version is called ITA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Italy has beer. On the mainland, I drank quite a few Peroni. On Sardinia, the choice was Ichnusa which was sold in 750ml bottles. I used Meridiana Airlines for trips to and from Sardinia in 2007, but it looks like a bunch of mergers and acquisitions later; they are Qatar-owned and Air Italia.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Amusing quote:

Does wine and/or spirits count as reasonable substitutes? Also, what constitutes "a beer"? Are we talking at least one large brewery, at least one recognizable brand, and/or at least one recognizable style of beer?

One would like to think that Port, Rioja, Bordeaux/ Burgundy, and Montalcino/ Barolo/ Barbaresco/ Amarone would serve as more than adequate substitutes for "a beer".

I personally would not say that the shyte brewery literally 3-4 miles down the road from me produces beer, but some might count swill from this brewery, known as Miller, as beer. But if Miller does indeed count, then perhaps that makes Wisconsin a quasi nation state, as Air Wisconsin is based here. Though the only flights available are in CRJ-200s, which are awfully cramping.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast