So, I'm (finally) to the point in my life where I would like to have a couple of Real Nice Suits. I don't wear them often, but whenever I need a suit, it's a Mad Panic to get something for a nice dinner, business gathering, etc. Normally my everyday work wear is the same Cintas uniform as the rest of our company, so I'm not worried about everyday.

I bought one at JosABank a couple months ago, and wound up with only disappointment and regret. I have concluded that suits, as with most things, you get what you pay for.

Looking now at Sid Mashburn and Tom James. Tom James has a location near me, and Sid Mashburn is coming on their "road tour" to a place near me so I can get fit up.

Any other suggestions? I don't mind spending in the $1500-ish range for pants/jacket. But don't want to go much more than this. Probably also get a half dozen shirts or so to go with it.

Current thought is to maybe get three - one from Mashburn, one from TJ, and one from a local spot near me. See which is best and go from there. But I'm a buffoon when it comes to nice clothes - I just don't wear them often enough to really know what's going on.