Thread: Paypal Protection

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Paypal Protection

Heyo,

I have someone in Australia interested in a $450 fork (see the classifieds). Willing to pay shipping ($100 -- USPS Priority). Wants to pay via PayPal.

Let's say things go south when he receives it. How am I, the seller, protected? It seems that a lot of "protection policies" favor the buyer. I certainly don't want to be on the hook for a total of $200 shipping, etc.

THanks for the input.
    elysian
    Tom Tolhurst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Paypal Protection

Quote Originally Posted by false_aesthetic View Post
    Heyo,

I have someone in Australia interested in a $450 fork (see the classifieds). Willing to pay shipping ($100 -- USPS Priority). Wants to pay via PayPal.

Let's say things go south when he receives it. How am I, the seller, protected? It seems that a lot of "protection policies" favor the buyer. I certainly don't want to be on the hook for a total of $200 shipping, etc.

THanks for the input.
    Whether eBay and/or PayPal, I have never been willing to sell anything outside of the USA. Once it goes international, you loose many of the so-called seller protections that really don't do much in the first place. Also, I have never wanted to deal with all the forms required for international shipping. What happens when the buyer gets hit with large import duty fee and refuses the shipment? Unless you are desperate for cash, maybe wait for someone more local. For me, international sales have never been worth the trouble.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
    Whether eBay and/or PayPal, I have never been willing to sell anything outside of the USA. Once it goes international, you loose many of the so-called seller protections that really don't do much in the first place. Also, I have never wanted to deal with all the forms required for international shipping. What happens when the buyer gets hit with large import duty fee and refuses the shipment? Unless you are desperate for cash, maybe wait for someone more local. For me, international sales have never been worth the trouble.
    This!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks ya'll.
    elysian
    Tom Tolhurst