Seeking advice from the all-knowing brain trust.
I don't know how to make long stories short, but will try: Always had music in my life, but usually lower end decent stuff (80s Infinity bookshelfs+mini-separates @20 honest watts/vintage Yamaha receiver), but before I left Cleveland in 2009 I had been searching estates for a find and stumbled on one shortly before heading back to New Orleans area where I am now. And what a find it was: all top-end McIntosh of circa 1982--MC2255 amp C33pre-amp, a crazy speaker relay/power cord and the 2 part speakers (fat woofer and midrange in 1 cabinet, 18 tweeter column array) that are too big for smallish house/partner not into hifi that is big and "ugly".

Luckily the preamp had its own 20wpc monitor that sounded better than anything I had ever heard and I got to use it a few times over the years, but the sheer mass of the amp and lack of speakers that remotely needed its 250wpc meant it, and eventually the preamp and speakers, sat unused for a decade. Empty nest now allows deployment but omg just getting the monster up the stairs told me it is time to sell or trade. None of them have seen a soldering iron, so I am counting on "untouched, ready for your restoration choices," along with the synergy of the system to help resale value--and for better or worse requiring that the speakers (whose woofers/mids need surrounds) be part of the sale. I have no intention of putting the amp in a shipping container and just want rid of the stuff in preparation of phase2 of retirement--getting the hell out of Louisiana, where no one in the family really set down roots in the Cleveland-New Orleans move. that's another story.

So the questions in all this:
1. recommended places for sell/trade. I know of Audiogon, I would love to trade a collector for something that fills my needs of amp/pre-amp/DAC/speakers (have never owned a subwoofer) for mostly 2.1 audio in a/b or multizone, etc. Or cash sale. I know it will be tough requiring local pick up and include the speakers, but think it will be worth waiting for someone to take the "system synergy" thing seriously. This particular amp is super collectible and the pre is no slouch.

2. why not start another "please spend my money on audio gear" thread?
seriously, we went Sonos 20 years ago so have been streaming (mp3-quality) for a while. I want my soundstage back. Speaking of which, I did fire the Mac amp/pre and it turned what I considered to be fairly mediocre 90s Acoustic Research (HO 208) into angels with depth. I had never heard anything like it listening to my local NPR station's classical channel (now only on HD channel2, gone from public air). HO-LY crap. 2 weeks earlier I had sampled a pair of Sennheiser 'phones my son had gotten for gaming--AMZ effed up order and sent a nicer pair--anyway, listening to Tidal, even through Bluetooth, I heard sounds that had never existed in previous listening sessions (1000's). I still wasn't quite ready for what that MC2255 poured out at about 20-25% output. I would need hearing protection above that, but for the first time I experienced soundstage and dynamic range. full stop. now I need something I can move in a couple years, and not take the full bed of a 90s hatchback!..... so starting from scratch: where do you start?