Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GA senatorial campaign

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: GA senatorial campaign

EDIT: Sorry, although in decline late 2018, the manufacturing sector recession officially started 1st quarter 2019.

Also:

https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump
    Battery and T free cyclist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lately, every day soon after I wake up, I keep asking myself how John Fetterman and Dr. Oz are my two senatorial choices here in Pennsylvania.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    Lately, every day soon after I wake up, I keep asking myself how John Fetterman and Dr. Oz are my two senatorial choices here in Pennsylvania.
    It's because the head of lettuce did not want to run.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    A high school classmate of mine decided to run for a congressional seat in upstate NY. She is a person of intelligence, integrity, strong business experience, and deeply involved in her community's affairs. I feel she would have made an excellent representative. However, being an outsider to her region's political parties and not being independently wealthy, she found there was no way to successfully finance and campaign for office. The two-party system requires cronyism and access to large sums of money. Many of the best and the brightest look at this mess and say "no thanks." The candidates we're left with are often appalling. We end up choosing the lesser of the evils on the ballot. Or sadly, don't vote at all and hand the elections to the extremists of both parties. And all the citizens lose.

Greg
    Old age and treachery beat youth and enthusiasm every time…

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ yes, our current system does seem to produce not the best candidates but the candidates who are willing to crawl through the two-party tunnel < insert Morgan Freeman voice >

Meanwhile, in Washington, ranked-choice voting is on the ballot. Better? Or just more people in the tunnel? I'm curious to see.
    Last edited by 72gmc; 10-20-2022 at 01:35 PM.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    ^^^ yes, our current system does seem to produce not the best candidates but the candidates who are willing to crawl through the two-party tunnel < insert Morgan Freeman voice >

Meanwhile, in Washington, ranked-choice voting is on the ballot. Better? Or just more people in the tunnel? I'm curious to see.
    Ranked choice seems an obvious improvement but getting big $$ out of our electoral system is mandatory for survival; sadly it's not the only mandatory change.
    John Clay
    Tallahassee, FL
    My Framebuilding: https://www.flickr.com/photos/21624415@N04/sets

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123