Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Icetoolz reamers with other brand’s holders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Icetoolz reamers with other brand’s holders

So I recently purchased a Cyclus head tube reamer/ facer to prepare frames for Chris King 1 1/8” headsets. Chris King require a diameter of 33.871-33.8836 - The Cyclus outside diameter is 34.00 mm and I’m considering buying an Icetoolz reamer for Chris King and using it on the Cyclus tool. I’m not sure it will work? Cyclus make a 33.80 reamer. Park tools make a 33.90 which would be great if it fit the Cyclus holder. I just am curious if anyone has experimented with compatibility between brands. I read that someone used an Icetoolz reamer on an old Var tool with a custom bushing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Icetoolz reamers with other brand’s holders

Quote Originally Posted by Deanhorsfall View Post
    So I recently purchased a Cyclus head tube reamer/ facer to prepare frames for Chris King 1 1/8” headsets. Chris King require a diameter of 33.871-33.8836 - The Cyclus outside diameter is 34.00 mm and I’m considering buying an Icetoolz reamer for Chris King and using it on the Cyclus tool. I’m not sure it will work? Cyclus make a 33.80 reamer. Park tools make a 33.90 which would be great if it fit the Cyclus holder. I just am curious if anyone has experimented with compatibility between brands. I read that someone used an Icetoolz reamer on an old Var tool with a custom bushing.
    Hi Dean, I am going to transfer this thread to the Frame Building Forum where it might get a few more eyes.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books