Thread: Electric Motos ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Electric Motos ?

That CE04 got the Daily Rider treatment:

I kind of like it. Long, weird in its way, but overall pretty well done for its intended purpose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    That CE04 got the Daily Rider treatment:

I kind of like it. Long, weird in its way, but overall pretty well done for its intended purpose.
    Interesting that the long design was the result of the battery used. I guess most battery-powered devices probably have that issue to solve.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I don't understand is why it is sold with such a minimalistic windshield. I mean I understand some people may like it like that, but their option for a "high windshield" doesn't even go higher than the mirrors. Same for the saddle that is just so low. There is just a lack of options / accessories, at least for now. If I only want to use it in the city there are just a myriad of less expensive e-mopeds whose performance is just enough. If I want it for the road a Zero seems more interesting.

It looks more like an expensive futuristic looking toy than a real valid proposition right now.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    What I don't understand is why it is sold with such a minimalistic windshield. I mean I understand some people may like it like that, but their option for a "high windshield" doesn't even go higher than the mirrors. Same for the saddle that is just so low. There is just a lack of options / accessories, at least for now. If I only want to use it in the city there are just a myriad of less expensive e-mopeds whose performance is just enough. If I want it for the road a Zero seems more interesting.

It looks more like an expensive futuristic looking toy than a real valid proposition right now.
    They are very popular in Paris. I see several every day. The position seems to me a lot like riding a Harley that's been chopped and stretched. The handlebars are quite high compared to the seat height. Maybe that's why the windshield is so small? Seems like the tinted one just decreases the glare on the LCD with driving info. But they sprint between lights. Really fast and almost totally silent. Hard to tell if the sound it makes isn't just the wind going over the body.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    They are very popular in Paris. I see several every day. The position seems to me a lot like riding a Harley that's been chopped and stretched. The handlebars are quite high compared to the seat height. Maybe that's why the windshield is so small? Seems like the tinted one just decreases the glare on the LCD with driving info. But they sprint between lights. Really fast and almost totally silent. Hard to tell if the sound it makes isn't just the wind going over the body.
    They are likely to appeal the t-max riders, thanksfully without the annoying noise.

At speed superior to 50kph, the sound of the tires rolling on the road makes for most of the vehicule's sound. Electric vehicles also ted to have a winding sound from the motor and transmission. It is probably a combination of this + aero.
    Last edited by sk_tle; 04-07-2023 at 04:58 PM.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if BMW has a larger windshield as an accessory. They certainly have larger windshields in inventory. Accessory sales seem to be a big part of the model these days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty interesting article on electric motos in Kenya and an interchangeable battery system.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/09/b...-vehicles.html
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12