Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple TV streaming service

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Apple TV streaming service

Are you guys talking about Apple TV the service or Apple TV the device? Or can't you have them separately?
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    Are you guys talking about Apple TV the service or Apple TV the device? Or can't you have them separately?
    We were discussing the service first. Then, we started discussing the hardware. Yes, you can get one without getting the other.
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We went from no-TV to AppleTV, which means AppleTV = TV + AppleTV device + 3-4 pay services including AppleTV service. I’d say by that calculation, it isn’t worth the money spent. While several shows were enjoyable, I’d say very few could be considered high enough quality to merit spending that kind of money and devoting that quantity of space in the house to the equipment required. And creating a line-up of services that would increase the artistic value of the offerings would be too expensive as most services use a small handful of top quality offerings to attract paying audiences while the rest of their offerings are a waste of time. I think overall the density of good programming is very low and scattered over too many sources.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    I think overall the density of good programming is very low and scattered over too many sources.
    I agree with this 100%. It might be a little while until DVD is dead.
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We went from no-TV to AppleTV, which means AppleTV = TV + AppleTV device + 3-4 pay services including AppleTV service. I’d say by that calculation, it isn’t worth the money spent. While several shows were enjoyable, I’d say very few could be considered high enough quality to merit spending that kind of money and devoting that quantity of space in the house to the equipment required. And creating a line-up of services that would increase the artistic value of the offerings would be too expensive as most services use a small handful of top quality offerings to attract paying audiences while the rest of their offerings are a waste of time. I think overall the density of good programming is very low and scattered over too many sources.
    i agree. meanwhile, $cableTV-internet-package - $internet-only >= $100. At approx $9.99 / app-month we pay for a few services and still come out ahead Vs our old setup. additionally, we'll add something like HBO+ for 2 months while we go through game of thrones and then drop it till the next time there is another series we want to binge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gt6267a View Post
    i agree. meanwhile, $cableTV-internet-package - $internet-only >= $100. At approx $9.99 / app-month we pay for a few services and still come out ahead Vs our old setup. additionally, we'll add something like HBO+ for 2 months while we go through game of thrones and then drop it till the next time there is another series we want to binge.
    Yeah I think anything is better than cable tv.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[snip] I think overall the density of good programming is very low and scattered over too many sources.
    I'll keep TCM, my fave special effect is a good script.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12