User Tag List

Thread: suppliers of tubes for frames - in Europe desperatly needed - cheap ones plz!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default suppliers of tubes for frames - in Europe desperatly needed - cheap ones plz!!

good day dear community, good day dear friends,

i am pretty new to this forum - i am also pretty new to all things bikeframes:

well at the beginning i am aiming to get some tubes for a reasonable price.

getting cheap materials - eg Tubes for the first frame - low cost suppliers in Europe needed

Doing a bike frame build, having a really hard time sourcing Tubing in Europe, anybody know where to go for getting cheap materials - eg Tubes for the first frame

I love to see bikeframe suppliers in Europe - eg. France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Czech, Poland Ukrain, Bulgaria, Hungary and so on. I need to have some low price suppliers for all things tubing

especially the Main-Frame tube - but also the

Lugs and other things

I look forward to hear from you.

by the way: perhaps we can create a little list of suppliers. That would be great

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: suppliers of tubes for frames - in Europe desperatly needed - cheap ones plz!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: suppliers of tubes for frames - in Europe desperatly needed - cheap ones plz!!

hi there

many thanks - but i look for some european suppliers

Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post

and if it comes to Columbus - (derived from italian production) i live in central Europe - from my hometown to all the factories in northern Italy its not too far -

by bike - cycling one day.

So i would not ship the stuff across the Atlantic and back

But besides this - your offers look great! If it comes to some lightweight parts - then i take into account to have a closer look at your page again

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.framebuilding.com/ Ceeway in England, but the Brexit thing might be a pain.
    Bill Fernance
    Bicycle Shop Owner
    Part Time Framebuilder
    Bicycle Tragic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by progetto View Post
    https://www.framebuilding.com/ Ceeway in England, but the Brexit thing might be a pain.
    Agreed, I live in England and use Ceeway for Columbus tubes.

Reynolds tubes I obtain directly from Reynolds.

https://www.reynoldstechnology.biz/

They don't list tube sizes and prices on their site but will e mail a detailed list on request.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was about to order some small stuff from Ceeway but the shipping was almost as much as the value of the order. Monty Python country is not treating us mainland europeans nicely. Or the other way, I don't really know. But I do know that it's really hard to get basic framebuilding stuff in Europe right know. Tubesets, proper solder and flux, cheap lugs for practising etc. Please share if you guys know any source that is not located on an island!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like someone near or connected to Columbus tubing should start selling tubes in the EU

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unsure, but it might be worth looking for 25CrMo4 (or 4130) steel at companies similar to https://www.aircraftspruce.eu/

Additionally, if this is your very first build (and depending on construction), sourcing mild steel of the appropriate diameter and with a thicker wall might be an even less expensive option. 1.5-1.75mm for a 31.8mm tube is what was is specced on a lot of lower-end city bikes coming out of Asia.
    elysian
    Tom Tolhurst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried contacting Columbus and Dedacciai (+39 0373 74499 or +39 0373 750 129) to find out whether they will either sell you direct or tell you who their EU resellers are? Italians are usually terrible about replying to emails so calling them would be better (before they disappear for August).

Here's a reseller of Columbus in Bergamo: https://ciclicorsa.com/bicycle-parts...uilding-tools/

Other Columbus resellers listed here: https://www.columbus1919.com/it/distributors/
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good day dear chik

many thanks for the quick reply - this is very helpful. I am glad that you share your ideas here.

have a great day

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the same issue here in the Netherlands. Ceeway is a great company but Brexit is a pain.

SeLi bikes in Germany also supplies some parts in his dedicated website: https://www.custom-academy.de/
    Edelbikes in Grenoble (France) also sells some pieces: https://boutique.edelbikes.com/categorie-produit/tubes/
    4130 (or EU equivalent: 25crmo4) is available on several websites. Butted and very thin walls are harder to find.

I am still looking for more options.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear community,

I can add two more sources on the continent:

Reset Racing (Germany)
    www.reset-racing.de

biketubing (Netherlands)
    www.biketubing.com

Have a great day!
    Marc Hasselbrink

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone. Ceeway remains the best option. Peter is really helpful, and has a huge variety of parts. Even if not in EU, shipping needs less than 1 week. You pay Peter in euro (Belgium bank) and DHL directly send you the invoice for taxes (For France about 30% total fees and taxes).

I've also experienced edelbike, just perfect, just waiting for more references.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can contact Emma directly in Reynolds and quote. They ship with FEDEX. For entrance level tubing, they might still have some 531 although stock for 2023 is low but 631 raw material is sourced in EU so easier to get.