Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rowing Machines?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Rowing Machines?

I don't remember when we got our C2 rower but it was well before the pandemic. Even back then used ones didn't go for much less than new and they were gone in a day. I could never get to one fast enough. If you see one used just get it. Don't like it? Sell it.

As stated above watch some videos and absolutely do not get tips from people in the gym unless they have form like the people in the videos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mabouya View Post
    IMO the single biggest technical & performance difference is that the C2 ergs have a more sophisticated way of calculating the work done and your pace. (it's based on the drag, measured during the spin-down of the flywheel). The C2 air-drag also gives you a smoother increase at high power levels, whereas folks say that with the WR you "hit a wall" and just can't do any more. (If you Google "concept 2 rower vs water rower" there are quite a few comparisons online, some of which discuss this.) In general the C2 PM is a better, more capable unit than the WR.

Bottom line, based on what I've read, for casual users who don't prioritize "serious athlete" factors, and are more interested in aesthetics and noise level, the WR is fine, but if you want to push yourself and demand more from the machine, the C2 is almost certainly the way to go.

Caveat: I've never used a WaterRower
    Right about that. When I was getting ready for CrashB I discovered that the C2 had my watts/kg for a 2K row calculated exactly same as my 20min. on the bike numbers. Freaky to say the least.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The modern C2’s very easily seperate into two parts the beam being one of them also if you have ceiling height they can be stored upright ,a lot of places with limited space will do the latter as a matter of course to free up gym areas and there are small wheels built into the fan end for moving the erg around ,I’ll defend [up to a point ]the WaterRower ,it well made and has some aesthetic appeal and work well but def agree with others about its limitations,the appeal of the C2 is you can sit on one anywhere and have the same experience as the one at home and can compare scores with others knowing you’re all on same equipment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12