Long story short, my current employment path means I'll be spending a solid amount of time in very hot conditions in the outdoors with a strict requirement for long sleeves, pants, and headwear. There is no air-conditioning escape route. It is demanding physical labor living in the outdoors full time. I don't know anyone specifically on the forum who has a similar line of work, but I do know that many of you ride throughout the summer in hot conditions and some of you work with hot metal indoors (meaning I assume you wear sleeves and headwear and that it is hot). I am thus appealing to the wisdom of the Salon for any tried and true tips or protocols for heat conditioning/acclimatization. Sauna time? Changing up sleep clothing routines? What have I not thought of outside of the obvious (go do hard work in the hottest hours of the day)?

It's been a particularly cool and wet spring in the valley where I live, so simply working hard outdoors in heavy clothes has been good but not as challenging as it would have been last year, when it hit 108f this week. I live mostly outdoors anyways, and we don't have any form of climate control in our home, so I can't just crank up the heat and do jumping jacks. Surely this subject is relevant for anyone who spends summers doing sports in a warming climate, so hopefully my OT-ishness is permissible...