I found out about "tech day" last Tuesday at the BMW weekly meetup when we had a picnic style dinner at Rudd Pond, part of Taconic State Park, in Copake, NY.

Wayne, a well known BMW rider, rolled into the dirt parking lot just ahead of me.

He's 87 years old.

I'm told if you ride behind him, good luck keeping up.

"Going to tech day this Saturday?" he asked.

I got the details...it was to be held on a guy named Greg's property in New Fairfield, CT. He is the Connecticut "Airmarshall" for airheds.org.

I met Ray about 8:30 am and we rode backroads and dirt roads south from Millerton, and wow was this a cool event.

Greg's barn has about six motorcycle lifts, a car lift, lots of tools for machining, I counted four fully stocked rolling tool cabinets with the magic words Snap On, giant air compressors...well, you get the idea. All kinds of cool stuff to drool over, including a 1957 bulldozer he is restoring.

The idea behind tech day is you get the opportunity to work on your bike with help and use of tools from some experts on these "simple" machines known as BMW Airheads. They're not gonna fix it for you while you watch, but they will help you and advise. I did not go to work on my bike, I went to meet people and check out the scene. Had a great time, rode back with Ray (K75), Jim (R100), and Bob (R69 in MINT condition that he has owned for 40 years). Same idea, lots of backroads and dirt roads. Put about 150 miles on the bike that day.

May 14, 2022 Airhead Tech Day by SPP™ SlowPokePete, on Flickr