I haven't heard one mainstream news show address the US role in precipitating the Russia/Ukrainian situation so I'll post this article: https://tomdispatch.com/how-did-we-get-here/

The hypocrisy is astonishing. Just imagine the US reaction if in the post WWII era all South American countries had become firmly economically and militarily aligned with Russia, and Central American countries were mostly leaning that way too....and then Russia, with it's version of Victoria Nuland & her happy cabal, helped foment the overthrow of Mexico's US leaning president while then helping install a Russian-centric administration and began otherwise courting Mexico, our doorstep neighbor, to align with Russia. Think we might have a hissy? Oh...wait....haven't we already been there with Cuba....though our installation of missiles in Turkey triggered the Cuban Missile Crisis...we seem to conveniently forget that little factoid.

As to annexing the Crimea: If we aren't going to relinquish Gitmo, a piece of land to which we have exactly zero legitimate claim, how come we think Russia ought to give up Crimea and it's only warm water port??

Sorry, I don't think the US has been wearing the white hats for a long time; and nobody seems to be questioning WTF we've been doing or why.