User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peloton says it may consider cutting jobs and 'resetting' production

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Peloton says it may consider cutting jobs and 'resetting' production

Quote Originally Posted by steve garro View Post
    Great pun, thanks !

Well.........it appears at the moment that maybe covid could end and people want to go outside instead of buying a trainer ?

BRAIN says expect the bike bubble to burst by end of summer, and already you are seeing bike shops trying to dump hi-end bikes on CL

"The future's not what it used to be."

- Garro.
    Bike bubble has already inflated and burst by late summer 2021.

And if you look closely between the lines on imports, we are just level with 2018 which was an average year at best for the industry. 19' was one to forget so anyone basing numbers on 19 vs 20' are in for a very bumpy ride

Dealers are going to have more inventory then they can liquidate come summer and manufacturer's are going to be overstocked on inventory causing much as the same problems that faced dealers in 16,17,18'

There isn't a real plan for long term growth outside of e-Bikes so we'll ride that wave for the next 5 years until the tech has completely plateaued.
    Not Riding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Peloton says it may consider cutting jobs and 'resetting' production

The entire outdoors/exercise segment will be significantly down this year.

People will want to get back to their "normal" life after escaping with all this outdoor lifestyle business over the last 2 -1/2 years.

Never forget that outdoorsing is work, and for most people, the endorphin rush comes from other things that are way easier like shopping, eating, socializing and then not doing anything at all.
    Not Riding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TTX1 View Post
    Good analysis.

Even if Peloton fully imploded and actually shut down live classes, I can see the library of classes remaining online for a long time before the service fully shuts down. I doubt it will ever come to that. Amer Sports or someone else will snap it up.
    Yeah, I'd think a top bike brand would find the near-miss on bridging the exercise gender split (women go to clubs, men go to the basement or outside) by Peloton interesting. But they might not be able to afford it. Unless it tanks. But Peloton's subscriber data is probably pretty valuable.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmech13 View Post
    Bike bubble has already inflated and burst by late summer 2021.

And if you look closely between the lines on imports, we are just level with 2018 which was an average year at best for the industry. 19' was one to forget so anyone basing numbers on 19 vs 20' are in for a very bumpy ride

Dealers are going to have more inventory then they can liquidate come summer and manufacturer's are going to be overstocked on inventory causing much as the same problems that faced dealers in 16,17,18'

There isn't a real plan for long term growth outside of e-Bikes so we'll ride that wave for the next 5 years until the tech has completely plateaued.
    My LBS owner is a one man shop, really on top of things in the industry so he can stay alive.
    He is of the same opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back when they went IPO or whatever its called the company I work for made a big deal how s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ome of our guys worked the deal. Mentioned how they were really into it and they all had one. I laughed, thought to myself this is not going to work long term but figured it was just because I got cynical about company decisions. Maybe not.

Forgive the post split. Touch screens and static.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was always hard for me to get my arms around their valuation. This is not going to end well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cny rider View Post
    My LBS owner is a one man shop, really on top of things in the industry so he can stay alive.
    He is of the same opinion.
    In the end appart from vsalonistas who are pretty much freaks there are just so many bikes one can own at the same time and they don't wear and self-destruct like sneakers and H&M clothing.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    But Peloton's subscriber data is probably pretty valuable.
    And, if Amer Sports were to scoop up Peloton for pennies on the dollar and acquire that data, then that data would be subject to China's National Intelligence Law of 2017.
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read the Blackwells investor presentation on Peloton.
    It's the best activist investor takedown I've seen since the Olive Garden one a few years ago.

The chart marking the share price against the cumulative stock sales of the CEO is genius.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peloton stops making bikes in US as shares hit all-time low

https://road.cc/content/news/peloton...ime-low-294429
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12