User Tag List

Thread: V and Thee: Happy New Year

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default V and Thee: Happy New Year

I'm thankful for the generosity of souls and spirits exemplified by everyone who comments here at VSalon.

We began this place in order that we might have a well moderated forum dedicated to the craft of Handmade Bicycles. Our community of enthusiasts are encouraged to be as equals with makers. As a result bonds have formed, more humanity is seen to the surface. Small voices become larger, LARGE voices learn to listen and sometimes we ride bikes together.

Thanks to often unheralded moderators, speech is moderated to a reasonable roar. V is known as a place where questions both technical and mundane are answered by folks who actually know WTF they are talking about....most of the time ;) We pride ourselves, we boast others accomplishments and we are damn good looking. These truths are apparent.

So there it is another year not entirely wasted tossing bits and bytes into the ether.

Thank you, -J

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: V and Thee: Happy New Year

I appreciate this place as an oasis of sanity and intelligent thought. I don't always agree but for the most part we all are agreeable. The unsupported disagreements usually worked themselves out.

2022 will bring some milestones. My son will graduate from the Naval Academy in May and commission as a Marine Second Lieutenant. Sometime this summer we'll make a trip to Wyoming and start the process of building a house. I'd like to have the foundation and structure (metal shop-house, shouse) up by fall. After October, I will be looking for a good time to retire from engineering. I'll miss the money, but I've got enough.

I look forward to what the new year brings, hopefully a return to normal.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spend too much time here, but I enjoy the time nonetheless so how can it be wasted? I hope my advice is additive. Sometimes I feel like English is my second language but I can’t remember the first. I really appreciate the patience here. Happy New Year Josh. May your tandem forever be strong enough pull an Airstream even if it never does.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks buddy. You have been a great help. I'm not sure where we are headed in 2022 but it will not be the same old same old.

For the record yours and my English is just fine when we care to give a darn ;) I'm just a simple country lawyer....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for this place with all its rewards, both social and intellectual.
    Tim C