Today I was a bit bored! so, I decided on experimenting a bit.

I knew that the coffee made the Turkish way, and by using a Moka pot were both very distinct in flavor from not only each other but any other method, but I couldn't find that distinction by memory between the AeroPress and a Pour Over, so I did something not in my usual way of making coffee.

I usually I don't measure anything when I make coffee, I like to have flavors change on me due to inaccurate measurements, but this time I decided to measure right down to the gram of coffee being used with equal amounts being used in each maker, using the same coffee, I also used the exact same amount of water, and I used the grinds recommended for each type, fine for the AeroPress and medium fine for the Pour Over, heated up the water one cup of water than divided the cup into 1/2 cups just to see if there was a taste difference. I use my AeroPress like a French Press, I stir the coffee gently like the AeroPress and the French Press instructions say to do, but then I let it set for 4 minutes like French Press has to, which was about as long as it took me to slowly pour the hot water over the coffee in the Pour Over maker. What I discovered was interesting, or at least I think it's interesting! LOL!!

The one thing to note is that the Pour Over was slightly cooler when it came time to taste them, so I heated it back up for about 10 seconds in the microwave which came out real close to the temp of the AeroPress just to make sure I wouldn't get a temp variance where I might prefer one over the other.

So, what happened you scream? I could not distinguish any difference between the two!

Maybe some of you that have those two methods can try this experiment with those two coffee makers and tell us what you think. But as far as I'm concern there was no difference, or if there was it was so minute, I couldn't taste it with my 68-year-old taste buds. I will probably retire the AeroPress since my Pour Over looks a bit nicer on the countertop.

Let the taste testing begin.