Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sprinter?

Anyone doing the Sprinter thing?
    Post your Sprinters!

Background- After traveling around to a few gravel events this summer, my wife and I got the Sprinter bug. She actually got it worse than me (which is nice), so I can feed the itch.
    Our original plan was to get either a Storyteller Overland or a Sync Sprinter. Both of these are taking about a year right now-
    2nd plan was to get a Revel. Reason for getting a Revel was that it would only take a few months. Also seems to be a well known and well regarded setup that holds its value well. Sort of like an Ultegra Trek vs. a custom machine-
    And if we are not happy with the Revel- We can start the process of getting one of these other rigs and sell the Revel when we finally have the new one.
    If we are happy with it. We can just stick with the Revel.
    In my search for pricing I ran across a local RV dealer who had one that just fell out of escrow. I guess the buyer couldn't secure funding or something. As luck would have it, it was the exact vehicle, color and spec that I was targeting.
    So now we are taking the plunge sooner rather than later.

It seems like it will be a great vehicle for 2 aging ex-bike racers who want to travel around and do fun rides.

Weigh in and post pictures.
    I would love to see some inside the van bike pics. I will likey get an Owl Vans 1-up rear rack with the large box underneath, but I am also intrigued with putting bikes inside.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Sprinter?

Since no one's replied, I'll throw this out. It's a thread on the ADV forum with over 1000 pages, so tons of posts. It was started in 2009, but is still active today:

https://advrider.com/f/threads/vans.434542/

If you poke around in the "Shiny Things" sub-forum you'll find lots of other threads related to vans, camper vans, Sprinters, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the stock Mercedes camper came with six seats I’d have probably already bought one, but until a camper can seat six or seven and replace our minivan, it’s not happening.

I’m watching closely.

I have seen there is a tiny Nissan camper that is rated for zero passengers behind the front row. Could be a fun little toy down the road to take one kid at a time for a weekend trip. Unlikely though.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've sat inside a bunch of these. They are quite small inside. It would serve me well if I was solo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Two years ago I was visiting Canyonlands NP near Moab. I saw a Sprinter pulling an Airstream and thought that would be a great combo for a cyclist. All your bike stuff goes in the Sprinter so you can venture out from a base camp to ride.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not mine but my son's, bought it used with very low miles(pics are from the CL listing) from a building contractor who did the interior, solar, and other "blingy" mods. He's done a few other mods to the suspension and seating but no pics of that. He loves it(33 and single, meets his needs), been traveling in CA, Oregon, Washington, Utah with his mtb bikes. It's the short wb tall model, he's 6'3" and can stand up straight inside. Sorry no "bikes inside" pics.

bed slides on rails, bed in^, below is bed out

The older I get the faster I was Brian Clare