Thread: Meet the New Meth - P2P

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Meet the New Meth - P2P

Quote Originally Posted by beeatnik View Post
    I read it as a reference to the potential for violence in those truck stops, cheap motels and Walmart parking lots in states with open carry.
    I guess the question is whether open carry increased violence or has violent crime increased regardless. It's a separate topic from concealed carry, although imho, the states that require a concealed carry permit (with training) to open carry, are doing it right. In AZ, a person just has to be legal to own the weapon, no training required. I see a lot of open carry, usually a 40-70 year old white male. I have a concealed carry pistol and an open carry pistol, I have yet to do either.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Meet the New Meth - P2P

Re: homelessness and violence. The first time I had a knife pulled on me in NYC I realized my notions of a social contract were a fiction enforced by a power structure. The guy who wanted my bike was playing by a different set of rules. Same thing the second time I had a knife pulled on me. If I had had a gun I would have killed both men. Guns are like magic wands, and they are everywhere in the hands of people with no clue what the consequences of using them are.
    Jay Dwight

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345