Thread: Invisalign Braces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Invisalign Braces

Asking for a friend.
    Anyone recommend a dentist in the NYC area skilled in this procedure?
    My dentist once told me I would have to become a major Hip Hop artist in order to be able to afford to have my rotten teeth fixed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Invisalign Braces

Following. I have just one college tuition payment left, then my daughter’s education is paid. Dad wants straighter teeth!

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About a thousand years ago (although I was an adult) I needed braces as I had lost some teeth in my lower front due to an interaction with some pavement. They had to somehow move teeth around to fill the gaps because they couldn’t do implants on those teeth then. I wasn’t a candidate for Invisalign because of what needed to be done but I thought the world of the orthodontists. The main guy has since passed away but his younger partner who studied under him practices on his own now. It wasn’t cheap (but what I had was quite major) and I hated that I had to go back like every other week to have them tightened or whatever as they did their job of moving stuff into position. That might be different with the Invisalign.

Anyway, it may be worth getting a consult with the guy because when I had it done the practice was considered as the best in the city by my dentist who at the time was also the head of Columbia’s Dental School. The younger partner who still practices (and I had a great experience with back during my stuff) is Frank Andolino. He is on East 61st. Number is 212-824-1605. I have sent other folks to him and they have been happy too.

Here is his website with his bio (I kinda think you might also like the stuff he does community-wise)… https://www.andolinoorthodontics.com/dental-staff
    « If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! I will pass it on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnmdesigner View Post
    asking for a friend.
    Anyone recommend a dentist in the nyc area skilled in this procedure?
    My dentist once told me i would have to become a major hip hop artist in order to be able to afford to have my rotten teeth fixed.
    potp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My only comment is what my guy told me just over 2 years ago - you have 3 options, metal braces, ceramic or invisalign - all are as effective you just pay more to hide them.

Guess who has had proper metal traintracks since then? The invisalign was over 3x the cost. A dentist friend warned me that there are no poor orthodontists in the world. I have an appointment for debonding next month which should be nice. Kind of used to it now after 2 years though. Definitely worth doing - everything just sits better now and I wish I had done it 25 years ago - although they weren't nearly as good at it back then, it's much more precise and scientific now.
    It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage.