User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HT angle changing after brazing

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: HT angle changing after brazing

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoser View Post
    I totally understand this, but I also want to build a frame that spec's out to what I've outlined with what a customer may request. If we build something that has a HT angle of 72*, it should be 72* and not 72.5*. Chances are they may not notice the difference, but I feel that it needs to be right since that's what said customer is paying for. That's my perfectionist side speaking.

How do you measure that half degree difference once a frame is complete?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoser View Post
    I totally understand this, but I also want to build a frame that spec's out to what I've outlined with what a customer may request. If we build something that has a HT angle of 72*, it should be 72* and not 72.5*. Chances are they may not notice the difference, but I feel that it needs to be right since that's what said customer is paying for. That's my perfectionist side speaking.
    I don't even build frames as a hobby, but I say to you: Stick with your belief and desire and continue the search for a method, whether personal or universal, to build frames to spec. .
    Only those who dared to try achieve great things. Edison made 1000 unsuccessful attempts to design a light bulb. And then...

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Polack View Post
    I don't even build frames as a hobby, but I say to you: Stick with your belief and desire and continue the search for a method, whether personal or universal, to build frames to spec. .
    Only those who dared to try achieve great things. Edison made 1000 unsuccessful attempts to design a light bulb. And then...
    Peter if one desires to build frames (or anything for that matter) to spec, learning about working parameters is part of the whole. If the angle comes out to a .5 degree number difference than what’s desired, one compensates by building to another spec so the result is the desired one. Heat + metal + inexperience + ideals = a recipe for rethinking procedure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12