Not to overshare here, but for some reason, I've been sleeping with each of my hands balled up in a fist. The result is that the middle knuckle on every finger (except 2x pinky finger) sticks - either opening or closing my hand - when I wake up in the morning. Not permanently, just act as if there is an indent that I have to "click" past to move my fingers. After a very few stretches and flexing of my fingers, it seems to relax and go away. If I think about it before going to bed, I can keep my hands generally open and then no issues. But if I am really worn out and just kind of collapse, I wake up with balky finger joints.

I work with my hands almost every day, either string trimmer or chainsaw or rake or shovel or weeding hand-hoe. I've got pains and stiffness in any number of different places on my body, so I don't know why I would think that my hands would be immune.

Is this something others have experienced? Other than stretching, what should I be doing? I've got a couple trigger finger splints that are supposed to be worn at night that I am going to try out, but that seems more like treating the symptoms than doing anything that will repair or recondition the joints. Or the tendons, which seems more likely to be the issue here.