Hi Salonistas;

I have two NOS Reynolds tube sets (531 and 531SL) that I'd like to build up into classic road frames. I am looking for a source for high quality investment-cast plain steel lugs and BB shells for these standard-sized tubes. Most of the high-quality lugs (Sachs, Llewellyn, Pacenti, Henry James, etc.) are either sold-out, no longer available, or are only available in OS geometries.

I've been happy with Henry James lugs, but of course Hank has now retired. I believe his lugs were cast by Long Shen, who seem to be the manufacturer of choice for high-quality lug suppliers. Can anyone point me to a vendor who has stock (2 sets) of Long Shen-manufactured lugs and round-stay BB shells for standard tube sizes? Alternatively, is anyone willing to comment on their experience with Allotec and Everest products relative to Long Shen? I ask because Allotec and Everest seem to have better availability right now.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Dave Clementson
Palo Alto, CA USA

P.S. I have Pacenti OS lugs and BBs (plain & stainless) in case anyone would be willing to trade for standard size.