Quote Originally Posted by beeatnik View Post
Bro, a conspiracy theory involves conspiring. Who am I suggesting is conspiring? It's not like there's Big Covid like Big Pollution or Big Tobacco. Maybe I should start looking for the Exxon of Covid....

It's responses like yours that illustrate the difficult position disillusioned individuals find themselves in.
I’m suggesting you are! Hey, even the most virulent theory has to start with someone.

So yeah: COVID transmission is airborne. An individual’s risk of infection increases dramatically as these 3 factors increase: Proximity, time and lack of airflow.

And yeah: People with lower socioeconomic status have a harder time – whether because of work or living conditions – keeping proximity, time and lack of airflow within safe parameters.

This been known, and widely reported, for over a year.

And there has been debate about the value of masking in public spaces for almost as long. Masking in those situation can been seen (uncharitably) as virtue-signaling or (sympathetically) as offering protection to our fellow humans.

(Plus replacing your gas-fueled vehicle with an electric-powered vehicle can have a positive effect on the world’s CO2 load. Although like so many other things, like wearing a mask in public to mitigate COVID spread, it’s complicated.)

So maybe I don’t get your point. Or maybe I recognized that COVID has hit poorer, darker communities harder long before you did.