User Tag List

Thread: Nominating Jimbolina for supreme leader of the universe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nominating Jimbolina for supreme leader of the universe

At the risk of breaking a would be taboo and reviving a recently closed thread, I will have to proclaim - belatedly - here and now, that I am the one actually possessing that fabled moniker, ‘Jimbolina’!

Ha! So there.😉

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Nominating Jimbolina for supreme leader of the universe

Hilarious. I missed the last thread courtesy of a trip interstate over Easter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I humbly nominate... Bryan Ferry

Replete with black, satin pants and animal print jacket... with an eye patch

Thread done

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um. Wut?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MerckxMad View Post
    Um. Wut?
    See here for the original April 1 thread:

https://www.velocipedesalon.com/foru...ad.php?t=55834
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Supreme Leader [plural] would be able to bring that dead horse back to life. Then there would be strife.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we still catching fish with that days old bait?

Kewl.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happened to my nomination? Did I not act quick enough? And BTW, it's "Supreme Overlord"

This seems strangely coincidental. Some years ago at work I was being moved into a very unique position for a civilian. I was going to be working as an Assistant Public Works Officer. This is a well defined military position through out the CEC. So to distinguish it as a civilian they needed to come up with another title. The leading candidate was/is Deputy Assistant Public Works Officer. This reminded me WAYYY too much of "The Office" and I pretty much refused to go by it. Me and some friends brainstormed and decided on "Supreme Overlord". As a joke I listed that on what I thought was some random gov't information website (milconnect). Next thing I know it shows up when ever you hoover over my work email address. I had no clue the website would populate the Global Email listing. Over the next few days I got several phone calls from people I know and didn't know saying how much it made them chuckle. I decided to leave it there just for the hell of it. Got nothing but chuckles for quite some time until some random Senior Manager took offense to it. I was told that I had to change it. After the prerequisite time pouting, I went back to milconnect and deleted it. Well surprise, surprise that one part of your Email title no longer is populated by milconnect and it wouldn't go away. We are going on about 10 years now and when ever some random Senior Manager feels threatened (every couple of years) by it, I simply "claim" that I have no clue how to change it.

Truth be told, the one time that my own management was serious about me changing it I got a hold of a guy at the right IT trouble desk that could do it. He chuckled so much that he created a work ticket for it that somehow just didn't resolve the issue. I think they have given up now that I only a few years from retirement. If/when they do ask me to change it I simply forward them the email with the Failed trouble ticket and tell them if they can figure out how to get it changed, have at it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mg2ride View Post
    What happened to my nomination? Did I not act quick enough? And BTW, it's "Supreme Overlord"

This seems strangely coincidental. Some years ago at work I was being moved into a very unique position for a civilian. I was going to be working as an Assistant Public Works Officer. This is a well defined military position through out the CEC. So to distinguish it as a civilian they needed to come up with another title. The leading candidate was/is Deputy Assistant Public Works Officer. This reminded me WAYYY too much of "The Office" and I pretty much refused to go by it. Me and some friends brainstormed and decided on "Supreme Overlord". As a joke I listed that on what I thought was some random gov't information website (milconnect). Next thing I know it shows up when ever you hoover over my work email address. I had no clue the website would populate the Global Email listing. Over the next few days I got several phone calls from people I know and didn't know saying how much it made them chuckle. I decided to leave it there just for the hell of it. Got nothing but chuckles for quite some time until some random Senior Manager took offense to it. I was told that I had to change it. After the prerequisite time pouting, I went back to milconnect and deleted it. Well surprise, surprise that one part of your Email title no longer is populated by milconnect and it wouldn't go away. We are going on about 10 years now and when ever some random Senior Manager feels threatened (every couple of years) by it, I simply "claim" that I have no clue how to change it.

Truth be told, the one time that my own management was serious about me changing it I got a hold of a guy at the right IT trouble desk that could do it. He chuckled so much that he created a work ticket for it that somehow just didn't resolve the issue. I think they have given up now that I only a few years from retirement. If/when they do ask me to change it I simply forward them the email with the Failed trouble ticket and tell them if they can figure out how to get it changed, have at it.
    That my friends is how you share an awesome story. Thanks for that. LOL so your moniker is basically a zombie right?