Good Afternoon Y'all,

I've been lurking on this forum for far too long. I am pretty much just starting out on my bicycle frame building journey. I felt like I have learned enough in the last 10 years from taking welding classes, framebuilding classes as well as building a handful bikes for myself and family that I'd finally start building for my friends, who have been asking for a long time as this is what I have been striving for. I had almost completed my 5th frame, a fillet brazed mtb, that I posted on Insta to show the progress to my friend, as well as everyone else watching; I got some pretty harsh criticism from one individual with no specific explanation. I took the post down and immediately reached out to the individual asking for specifics. A week went by and they finally got back to me and said what I am doing is unsafe and well, it sucked, but I wanted to hear from VS Mentors so I can progress-move-forward and build what I know I am capable of eventually building.

I am happy to answer any questions and thanks in advance for looking at my work.

A couple words about the frame. It is obviously not complete. It needs a seat stay bridge, brake support, probably a gusset to make up for the head tube/down tube space, cable routing of course and cleanup. I will state that I have decided to keep this frame for my own testing and will be starting from scratch tomorrow; building a new one for my friend.

Sincerely,

Greg | keefer@incognitocycles.com |