I'm in search of real-life intel on what the social distancing/crowd situation is at major NE ski slopes, NY in particular. Are the lift lines long or unbearable as a result of pandemic rules enforcement? Are you getting your money's worth?

I take my kids skiing during the winter school recess. My first choice places based on driving distance and lodging options are usually Windham then moving northward Gore and finally Whiteface. Out of state travel to VT, NH is not worth the hassle to me because I'll have to report that to my employer and probably quarantine even though I've been vaccinated because no one has adjusted that policy!

Many places are sold out completely because they restricted ticket sales and/or giving preference to season pass holders. Belleayre is selling tickets ($300 a day for two adults and two kids not incl. equipment)....honestly not sure that mountain is worth that premium. I'm reluctant to slap down the credit card without knowing what the lift line situation is and whether it's going to be remotely pleasant given all the other warnings such as "leave your stuff and food in your car" and "please eat outside."

Has anyone been skiing at one of the NY slopes? How was it?