User Tag List

Thread: Kitchen Faucets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Kitchen Faucets

Searching for a new kitchen faucet and looking for ideas. These three are under consideration. What else should be? I like the semi-pro the best. Do not have agreement yet.

https://www.grohe.us/Single-Hole-Semi-Pro-Faucets/K7-Medium-Single-Handle-Semi-Pro-Dual-Spray-Kitchen-Faucet-175-GPM/GROHE-CHROME-31380000

https://www.grohe.us/Single-Hole-Pul...HROME-31559002

https://www.grohe.us/Single-Hole-Pul...HROME-32298003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Kitchen Faucets

Don't overlook Ikea. I know, I know, but their Vimmern is similar to the first of the taps you linked and it's < 1/4 the price. It's not as polished because it's stainless, not chrome.

We installed one in the house we built a year ago and we like it.
    Mark Kelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do a mockup for height, especially for the commercial looking faucet. Sight lines are important, especially if this is going on an island. If on a wall, you may want more clearance from any cabinets above for the commercial style faucet. Also check the depth and size of your sink to make sure the sprayer can reach. And check underneath for hose clearance, especially for the weight so you aren't having to keep disentangling the weight from the plumbing. Or that the weight bottoms out on the floor of the cabinet before the spout is fully retracted. Some adjustability is possible, but it is also a balance adjustment.

If you have any tile with grout - i.e. abrasive surfaces - the flared sprayer may end up getting abraded on the edge. Also the bigger the head the more you have to avoid when lowering a large pot into the sink. Or when getting it out.

Prices for Grohe can be less on Amazon. Make sure the part numbers match up so you aren't getting the wrong finish or some cheaper similar model to the one you actually want.

We have a Hansgrohe Talis faucet in the city. Very nice faucet and totally easy to install correctly, especially since the hole was already there from the faucet we removed. Long sprayer hose. Good return. Says "new" on the website but we got ours several years ago. Maybe a redo of our version.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gt6267a View Post
    Searching for a new kitchen faucet and looking for ideas. These three are under consideration. What else should be? I like the semi-pro the best. Do not have agreement yet.

https://www.grohe.us/Single-Hole-Semi-Pro-Faucets/K7-Medium-Single-Handle-Semi-Pro-Dual-Spray-Kitchen-Faucet-175-GPM/GROHE-CHROME-31380000

https://www.grohe.us/Single-Hole-Pul...HROME-31559002

https://www.grohe.us/Single-Hole-Pul...HROME-32298003
    Jinx. I just replaced our kitchen faucet with a Grohe Ladylux L2 https://www.grohe.us/kitchen-collect...porary/ladylux The semi-commercial job you listed is slick but would look like overkill in our simple black granite kitchen. You can buy these all day long for < $400 and parts will be avail. forever. The install is deceptive, read the instructions three times esp. wrt how to max out the sprayer water volume. Could not be happier, great faucet.

PS the sprayer is a beast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jorn is on the money with his recommendations for fit. Make sure the faucet fits in your space - height, swing, reach, etc. The best/prettiest faucet sucks if it doesn't fit.
    Pay close attention to the reach dimension and how it aligns with the sink drain.
    Rick

If the process is more important than the result, you play. If the result is more important than the process, you work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We went with this one: https://www.blanco.com/us-en/faucets/culina-f/ My wife & I both really liked the elegant simplicity.

Full disclosure - the nozzle cracked after about 2 1/2 years. And they quickly sent us two as replacements, the job being so simple that I did it myself - screwed off the old one, screwed on the new.

kitchen1 - b.jpg
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long time fan of Grohe and Hansgrohe products. But for our last kitchen do over (2 sinks) we went Italian https://www.fortisfaucet.com/product...nction-sprayer

The colour in the link is not very good-it is brushed nickle silver not goldish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The faucets in our upstate house are all MGS, another Italian brand. So far so good. https://mgstaps.com
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info. The Grohe faucets are still in the lead but we have not pulled the trigger. Not certain if that means an extended web search is about to happen or we just have some purchase delay. From a cost perspective, the ikea sounds awesome. There are some family members with Grohe faucets getting replacement parts 30 years later. For the cost differential between Ikea and Grohe, we could just buy 2-3 and have hanger queens or replace the whole thing. Apparently, that argument is not very good. We need replacement parts in 2050.

Per the recommendations for measurements, there is not one inch of the sink area that has not seen a tape measure. Almost all the options under review have a shorter reach. I see this as a good thing as the current faucet gets in my way. I am taller than my wife and her perspective on reach is slightly different. The difference in our heights is only 5" but it really shows in situations like this.

TooTall, a question ... is the beast sprayer the blade deal you get with the triple spray option? It looks interesting but you never know what's nice in a video and then is completely overrated once in place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are in our home now for 22 years and we specified Kohler fixtures during the design phase. Outstanding performance overall, with 5 household members for the majority of that time. Whenever a cartridge has required replacement or the rare occasion that a specific unit has had an issue, I've sent an email to Kohler indicating that we are the original owner and a replacement part is immediately sent. Hard to beat that, in terms of long-term, customer service. Regardless of the manufacturer, if you can, I would visit a plumbing fixture showroom.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gt6267a View Post
    Thanks for the info. The Grohe faucets are still in the lead but we have not pulled the trigger. Not certain if that means an extended web search is about to happen or we just have some purchase delay. From a cost perspective, the ikea sounds awesome. There are some family members with Grohe faucets getting replacement parts 30 years later. For the cost differential between Ikea and Grohe, we could just buy 2-3 and have hanger queens or replace the whole thing. Apparently, that argument is not very good. We need replacement parts in 2050.

Per the recommendations for measurements, there is not one inch of the sink area that has not seen a tape measure. Almost all the options under review have a shorter reach. I see this as a good thing as the current faucet gets in my way. I am taller than my wife and her perspective on reach is slightly different. The difference in our heights is only 5" but it really shows in situations like this.

TooTall, a question ... is the beast sprayer the blade deal you get with the triple spray option? It looks interesting but you never know what's nice in a video and then is completely overrated once in place.
    I never expected much from the sprayer. It over performs. I'd give the sprayer a 10 out of 10. Make sure you fiddle with the water pressure adjustment screw and purge your lines BEFORE you install the faucet.

FWIIW I replaced a Moen knockoff that was installed only 8 years prior. The sprayer hose started to leak. A replacement sprayer hose was about $60 and that faucet never thrilled me. No regrets.
    Last edited by Too Tall; 01-22-2021 at 03:47 PM.