Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Impeachment of Trump, Part Deux

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Impeachment of Trump, Part Deux

It can't happen fast enough, IMO. Anything less than as soon as possible sends a message that it's okay. Justice needs to be swift af. These people need to face actual consequences for the crimes they committed, our current president included.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me, it's as simple as this: you (we) can't stick to the dogma that No One is Above the Law if the most visible person in the USA gets away with whatever he pleases.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe humor is too soon, but this made me LoL, and the "terrorist edition" is exactly how congress and DOJ should view this act.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The level of what-about-ism in this country now is at a mind boggling level. Even after this week there are tens of millions of voters who will jaw on about Hunter Biden's dealings and Joe Biden's corruption when presented with X or Y that Trump is responsible for. I watched some of Sean Hannity on Thursday or Friday where Lindsay Graham agreed that priority one is that Hunter Biden is taken to task immediately or the incoming administration has no credibility whatsoever and Biden should be on the phone with Schumer and Pelosi right now to call off this impeachment talk or it will break this country. The viewership of that show is way, way up there and you can bet that is the take of tens of millions of voters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimcav View Post
    maybe humor is too soon,
    respectfully, i think it most definitely is too soon. IMO, there was nothing funny about what happened at the capitol last week, it's nothing short of terrifying that something like this could happen in the country we live in; and attempts to normalize, or paint the day's events in a humoristic way hurt the cause. Just from my personal viewpoint, I'm shocked and outraged, certainly not ready to laugh about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb Evenson View Post
    I spent much time watching videos and reading corresponding comments on BitChute last night.... Some commenters believe the US is now communist ..
    Wall Street is made of communists?

I never thought i would live to watch the level of stupidity/ignorance we are going thru. I believe people were better educated in the stone age.
    slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    respectfully, i think it most definitely is too soon. IMO, there was nothing funny about what happened at the capitol last week, it's nothing short of terrifying that something like this could happen in the country we live in; and attempts to normalize, or paint the day's events in a humoristic way hurt the cause. Just from my personal viewpoint, I'm shocked and outraged, certainly not ready to laugh about it.
    fair enough. I do use humor as coping mechanism. I am sure my other posts make clear I am not making light of the terrorist incident or the forces behind it. Despite the overwhelming sense of sadness and disappointment in all the instigators/inciters/abettors/media/opportunists, and a sincere desire that there is swift and significant criminal prosecution for all involved, I still enjoyed the creativity and originality inherent in the 'lego' set (and for me it was a welcome enough breather from negative emotions that I posted it).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no quicker way for the Dems to lose any sort of momentum than to go soft on 45. Work around the clock if you have to on everything else (Covid, stimulus, whatever), but there is no reason not to impeach in the House and attempt to convict in the Senate as soon as possible. Force Republicans to go on record for being unwilling to stand for law and order.
    Dan in Oregon

---------------

The wheel is round. The hill lasts as long as it lasts. That's a fact. Everything else is pure theory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheEllipse View Post
    ... Congress reconvened, after the attempt on their lives,....
    This a sample of why we will never have unity. Ridiculously, over dramatized story telling. By both sides BTW. It makes many people discount everything else said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimcav View Post
    maybe humor is too soon.
    Respectfully, I don't think it is too soon. IMO, the viking guy will prove to be the most shown and remembered picture about what happened at the capitol last week. It's not surprising at all that "protests" get completely out of hand and result in chaos and destruction. It seems to happen over and over again in the country we live in. While in live time the events were not a laughing matter, it did not leave me outraged and certainly not shocked. I can find some humor in parts of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mg2ride View Post
    This a sample of why we will never have unity. Ridiculously, over dramatized story telling. By both sides BTW. It makes many people discount everything else said.
    How is it over-dramatized? There were people in the Capitol looking to kill members of Congress and the Vice President.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A police officer had his skull pounded in with a fire hydrant. He didn’t have a heart attack in a stressful situation; he was murdered by a mob. The mob was recruited and invited by a president insistent on holding power. A president who phoned up state level election officers and attempted to tip the scales in his favor. A president who told elections officers they would be heroes. What the hell is a president doing phoning these people? This is a president who fired his justice department official because they wouldn’t gin up an investigation to fit his narrative.

There. Is. No. Over. Dramatization. Here.
    Jason Babcock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Respectfully, how do you figure? Have you not paid attention? There was a violent mob with the means and intent for bloodshed. More details are coming out daily. The Q-Anon Congresswoman was tweeting to her followers that it was "1776" and the whereabouts of Speaker Pelosi as they stormed into the building. But for dumb-luck, timing, and incompetence, this could have been so much worse. When someone fires a gun at your head and it misfires, it's attempted murder. This isn't a case of "boys will be boys", a joke, or some space for the false equivalence with BLM that "bOtH sIdeS rIOTeD" is intended to bring.

Unity is what happens after justice has been served, apologies made, and behaviors changed.
    Dan in Oregon

---------------

The wheel is round. The hill lasts as long as it lasts. That's a fact. Everything else is pure theory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand this. How is it over-dramatized? I do not think, had the mob made physical contact with representatives, that there would have been a stern talking-to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if calling it "an attempt on their lives" is an over-dramatization, I think that gets to the core of the problem. I don't know if it's a low-information problem or an extreme desensitization problem. Calling it anything except an attempt on the lives of Congress (and the VP) is to whitewash history shockingly quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion corrective action needs to come swiftly and decisively. Impeachment in the House followed by a Senate trial as soon as they are back in town. It isn't a secondary issue. If it hampers transition efforts, tough. If the Georgia Senate elections hadn't gone as they had the transition would be a mess and should have been planned that way so it shouldn't be a big lift for Biden's administration.

Congress needs to walk and chew gum at the same time. It's important.
    Tom Ambros

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve Bannon said four years ago that this was a war.

I figure more like MMA: Donald has hit the mat, so don't retreat to the corner. Beat his head in.

Humor is fine. Check out the photos of the clown with the Buffalo hat on: he's sporting a chubby.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Walberg View Post
    I see that treason is limited to aiding a power that is at war with the US.

Looks like this is more appropriate:

§2383. Rebellion or insurrection

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, §330016(1)(L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

I saw something interesting today. This is the 14th Amendment, Section 3:

"No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or
    hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an
    oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature,
    or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have
    engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof."

It appears he doesn't have to be impeached to lose the ability to run again. It also appears that Congress doesn't need need to take a vote; he doesn't need a trial in a hotly-contentious current environment. If he chooses to run in 2024 his candidacy would be successfully challenged.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ides1056 View Post
    Additionally:

He loses his pension and all financial benefits.

He loses Secret Service protection.

He is no longer privy to intelligence briefings.

These are good enough reasons to go through with it.
    Do these things happen if he is impeached (Congress votes to approve articles of impeachment) or only if he is convicted of the impeachment charges?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He can be disqualified. In several previous instances people were disqualified from holding future office by a simple majority vote of the Senate.

You know if they do it, Giuliani will have a meltdown and start filing court motions like confetti. But you know they'll do that if he's convicted, too, so what the heck.
    Tom Ambros

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast