User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will you take the vaccine as soon as it is made available to your category?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

165 85.49%
  • No

28 14.51%
Page 87 of 94 FirstFirst ... 777879808182838485868788899091929394 LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1861

Thread: The Vaccine Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Vaccine Thread

Got my booster yesterday. Definitely more of a reaction this time than the first couple of shots in the spring. Glad it’s over. Curious if this’ll be a thing every six months or what?
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Signed up for the booster. I had asked my doctor back in September and he said to hold off, but its after six months and just following the news it seems to me we're all headed in this direction. Pfizer filing for authorization to do boosters for everyone and more countries opening it up to those over 50 convinced me. I can't imagine it being the dumbest decision I've ever made-Mike G

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Got my booster yesterday. Definitely more of a reaction this time than the first couple of shots in the spring. Glad it’s over. Curious if this’ll be a thing every six months or what?
    first "couple of shots"? How many have you had? Just based on what I'm reading, I'm guessing the next booster when and if it comes will be a new cocktail specific to the latest variants. I believe the drug companies are working on this

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fastupslowdown View Post
    first "couple of shots"? How many have you had? Just based on what I'm reading, I'm guessing the next booster when and if it comes will be a new cocktail specific to the latest variants. I believe the drug companies are working on this
    Just the standard two Moderna. First in March and the second four weeks later.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone notice a difference in side effects from the 2nd shoot to the booster when using pfizer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone notice a difference in side effects from the 2nd shoot to the booster when using pfizer?
    My wife just had her booster yesterday…all three jabs were Pfizer and just a sore arm in each case.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    Ten cases at work just this week. All in the 20-40 demographic and unvaccinated.

'Ongoing failure': Berkeley Dept. of Public Health pans Cal football program's 'major COVID outbreak'
    https://www.sfgate.com/collegesports...y-16608097.php

"Berkeley Public Health continues to work closely with University Health Services to help contain and respond to a major COVID-19 outbreak involving the coaches, students, and staff in the Cal Football program," the statement begins. "All of these 44 lab-confirmed cases involve people infected with highly contagious COVID-19, which spreads easily unless public health safeguards are used."

Cal's football players are 99% vaccinated, the school has said, and its staffers also have a similarly high vaccination rate. During a press conference on Tuesday evening, Cal Athletic Director Jim Knowlton could not confirm how many of those players were asymptomatic, or at least unaware that they were potentially exhibiting COVID symptoms.

Bill would it be safe to assume that the guys on the Cal team are healthier than your employees? Some OSHA stuff in the article as well...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beeatnik View Post
    'Ongoing failure': Berkeley Dept. of Public Health pans Cal football program's 'major COVID outbreak'

"Berkeley Public Health continues to work closely with University Health Services to help contain and respond to a major COVID-19 outbreak involving the coaches, students, and staff in the Cal Football program," the statement begins. "All of these 44 lab-confirmed cases involve people infected with highly contagious COVID-19, which spreads easily unless public health safeguards are used."

Cal's football players are 99% vaccinated, the school has said, and its staffers also have a similarly high vaccination rate. During a press conference on Tuesday evening, Cal Athletic Director Jim Knowlton could not confirm how many of those players were asymptomatic, or at least unaware that they were potentially exhibiting COVID symptoms.

Bill would it be safe to assume that the guys on the Cal team are healthier than your employees? Some OSHA stuff in the article as well...
    Did Aaron Rogers come back to visit his alma mater?
    Last edited by rwsaunders; 11-11-2021 at 04:29 PM.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    He’ll be teaching a class on the finer points between “immunized” and “vaccinated”.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    He’ll be teaching a class on the finer points between “immunized” and “vaccinated”.
    ...or the finer points between "being disingenuous" and "lying one's face off."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No difference for me, and really no side effects.

Pfizer x3

SPP
    My name is Peter Miller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a theory; he believes he was infected by a fully vaccinated person...

But, surely he'll learn a lesson from his life threatening illness. Well, life threatening to his endorsements.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokePete View Post
    No difference for me, and really no side effects.

Pfizer x3

SPP
    My brother got a 3rd full dose of Moderna. Said he was knocked out for 24 hours, he didn't wait for the half dose booster version. There's a part of me that thinks we're not spacing out the shots enough. In the U.K. they determined a 12 week gap between the first and second leads to better results. My doctor told me at six months the healthy patients he's tested still show very strong anti-body levels. That said its seven months for me and it seems more countries are embracing the booster so I'm doing it now rather than wait another month. My previous plan was to wait till the 8 month mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Each of the individuals at work tested positive after exhibiting symptoms, some severe. What's unknown is how many younger employees have covid and are asymptomatic or just have a case of "the sniffles" and continue to come to work. We have passive screening in the form of IR cameras located in the lobby to look for fevers but it hasn't been that useful. Under OSHA guidelines, unvaccinated workers will have to be tested periodically, companies will have to hire additional HR or Safety folks to accomplish this. I doubt it will ever clear the courts.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Speaking of Alma mater, my cousin's son is a Cal grad and is now the backup QB in Buffalo after Trubisky tested positive.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    Each of the individuals at work tested positive after exhibiting symptoms, some severe. What's unknown is how many younger employees have covid and are asymptomatic or just have a case of "the sniffles" and continue to come to work. We have passive screening in the form of IR cameras located in the lobby to look for fevers but it hasn't been that useful. Under OSHA guidelines, unvaccinated workers will have to be tested periodically, companies will have to hire additional HR or Safety folks to accomplish this. I doubt it will ever clear the courts.
    Apologies if asked previously, what’s the percentage of unvaccinated at your site. And how many cases have you had since the start of the Pandemic?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Apologies if asked previously, what’s the percentage of unvaccinated at your site. And how many cases have you had since the start of the Pandemic?
    I'm curious what you intend to do with that data. Call me wary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a theory; he believes he was infected by a fully vaccinated person...

But, surely he'll learn a lesson from his life threatening illness. Well, life threatening to his endorsements.
    So, what's your point? You often bring up snippets of data, link a study, or reference a news item such as the Aaron Rodgers COVID positive. It seems to this reader that you are somewhat passive-aggressively promoting an agenda that the vaccines aren't very affective and that COVID isn't a very big deal. With that impression in mind, I'm asking what is the intent of your postings/messaging? I'm genuinely curious.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I live in an area with low vaccination rates and militant anti-vax folks. Each time a vaccinated person gets Covid, it appears the anti-vax crowd feels vindicated. My wife had a breakthrough case, was sick for three days and then good to go. This seemed to jive with the idea that the vaccine lessens the impact and helps prevent hospitalization. Seems reason enough to get vaccinated.

I've lost four friends who were younger than me (56) and unvaccinated. They spent their final weeks of living on a ventilator surrounded by family who were late to recognize it was all avoidable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gregl View Post
    So, what's your point? You often bring up snippets of data, link a study, or reference a news item such as the Aaron Rodgers COVID positive. It seems to this reader that you are somewhat passive-aggressively promoting an agenda that the vaccines aren't very affective and that COVID isn't a very big deal. With that impression in mind, I'm asking what is the intent of your postings/messaging? I'm genuinely curious.

Greg
    attention?