Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
....So put as many needles into the arms of people with the highest exposure so we don't run out of medical professionals. Anything leftover goes to the most vulnerable health-wise. One round of vaccinations is better than no round of vaccinations so use up everything you've got and fingers crossed for the next shipment to arrive before everyone has to be redone from the get-go.

Meanwhile Michigan and Maine got shipments of Moderna that had spoiled. 16,000 doses off the table.

NY cancelled 23,000 appointments due to additional Moderna delays.
Yes, and then TELL people this is the plan. The communication has been atrocious on so many levels. If there’s no second dose for me because they are going to get as many 1st doses out, then tell me (and the other healthcare providers who can’t get an appt for #2 ), and I’ll remove that from my cognitive to-do list. But don’t make me hunt for an appt that doesn’t exist because there is no supply and don’t tell me that you’ve decided 2d dose can be given further out than the manufacturers’ specified schedule just because you can’t manage the logistics.