User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will you take the vaccine as soon as it is made available to your category?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

165 85.49%
  • No

28 14.51%
Page 20 of 94 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vaccine Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Vaccine Thread

my county's board of public health switch to a lottery system to give out their allocation of vaccines. You sign up, they pull your name out of the hat, you schedule your appointment and that's that. It's supposed to save all of the endless calling various individual healthcare providers looking for a shot. yesterday I got an email telling me that I won the lottery and could schedule an appointment except...

our state is in phase 1B. Only people who are over 65 or have one of a dozen serious health conditions are eligible for the vaccine. I'm in my 30's and healthy. This seems like a disconnect.

I did not schedule the vaccination.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being a teacher, I made an appointment for next Sat. My wife loves this shit and has been on the computer trying to get me one sooner and closer. She interrupts my morning ride, in the middle of "The Switchbacks" (wtf she can see my location) to get my PW to get me a sooner and closer appointment this Sat. She was successful. This is sooo weird. Better ways of doing this have been outlined in the earlier posts and yet we just mosey along. It must not be an important problem to solve -- Not like Jeeps.
    Jeff Hazeltine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYS DOH at SUNY Utica couldn't have had the process nailed any better. Same as I heard about Albany. Every step as easy and straightforward as could possibly be, everybody working there positively joyous. Not to mention I saw the site at Syracuse Fairgrounds is going 24/7 soon. We're getting there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    NYS DOH at SUNY Utica couldn't have had the process nailed any better. Same as I heard about Albany. Every step as easy and straightforward as could possibly be, everybody working there positively joyous. Not to mention I saw the site at Syracuse Fairgrounds is going 24/7 soon. We're getting there.
    Two friends reported similar experiences here in Syracuse. They both received their shots at the downtown civic center and reported fast, efficient, and courteous staff. Can’t wait for my turn in line, even if it takes place at 3:00 AM!

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the latest on when a non obese 53yo can get it in CA ? I have subscribed to a bunch of emails updates but crickets... I'll fly in for this anytime as France does not seem to have their shit together at all on this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    What is the latest on when a non obese 53yo can get it in CA ? I have subscribed to a bunch of emails updates but crickets... I'll fly in for this anytime as France does not seem to have their shit together at all on this.
    This is America. You self identify as an obese heavy smoker with type 2 diabetes. You can come now.
    We are on the honour system here where the fish long ago rotted at the head.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one thing I noted was they asked me what my category was a couple of times as they processed me - NYS is currently 65+ years old or occupational or medical. Not until I was sitting at the table where they poked me did they look at my papers to verify my attestation.

Then they said "Jesus, you're a wreck! You remind me of that Slaid Cleaves song!" I thought that was a little unnecessary.

My arm is a bit sore today but considering the ass whooping my boss is going to administer at 0730 this morning for a public f-up at work yesterday I don't much care.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    This is America. You self identify as an obese heavy smoker with type 2 diabetes. You can come now.
    We are on the honour system here where the fish long ago rotted at the head.
    Hum, interesting. Maybe I just show up with a pack of unfiltered Gitanes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hum, interesting. Maybe I just show up with a pack of unfiltered Gitanes
    Actual photograph of Lionel on his way to the vaccination appointment. How do I know it's real? Tubular tires baby.

La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got mine, hope it ends up doing what it needs to do to get things opened up again. I'm sceptical.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Pre-Airwolf Jan Michael Vincent.
    Trod Harland, Pickle Expediter

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. — James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AntLockyer View Post
    I got mine, hope it ends up doing what it needs to do to get things opened up again. I'm sceptical.
    I also hope for a loosening of travel restrictions, particularly international restrictions.

My mother has had her second shot and this is improving daily. I certainly hope we start to see a "Vaccine Passport" or something along these lines.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you need help Googling "how to jump the vaccine line"? That's what we're here for.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    The one thing I noted was they asked me what my category was a couple of times as they processed me - NYS is currently 65+ years old or occupational or medical. Not until I was sitting at the table where they poked me did they look at my papers to verify my attestation.

Then they said "Jesus, you're a wreck! You remind me of that Slaid Cleaves song!" I thought that was a little unnecessary.

My arm is a bit sore today but considering the ass whooping my boss is going to administer at 0730 this morning for a public f-up at work yesterday I don't much care.
    Tom, anyone who cites Slaid Cleaves is welcome at my house.

Mike
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joe Biden says May. Are you a US citizen?

edit: California appears not to prohibit non-US citizens from vaccination, which makes sense from an immunity standpoint. But some states or localities do, and evidently some private resources do even if they are in a state that does not, based on limited supply. That seems to be the controlling factor - supply. As with everything.
    Last edited by j44ke; 03-04-2021 at 11:22 AM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CA has many different health districts. My 30 year old, non-essential worker niece and nephew in Long Beach got theirs last month.
    Jeff Hazeltine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Joe Biden says May. Are you a US citizen?

edit: California appears not to prohibit non-US citizens from vaccination, which makes sense from an immunity standpoint. But some states or localities do, and evidently some private resources do even if they are in a state that does not, based on limited supply. That seems to be the controlling factor - supply. As with everything.
    Yep US citizen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife and I, 26 and 27 respectively, both got our first Pfizer shot on Monday. We are both healthy but work in food and education. Monday was the first day Angelino's were able to vaccinated in the education and food/agriculture sectors. It wasn't really publicized that well and despite signing up on myturn.ca.gov for notifications, I was not notified. My wife checked on the off-chance that things had changed on Friday of last week and they had.

We are going back on the 22nd for our second shot. The site was run by the National Guard and it was slick, fast and unproblematic. We got the shots at site located at: 5151 State University Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90032. Interestingly, we were, at no stage, asked for proof of employment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received my 2nd poke Tuesday and my wife gets hers next Monday. Tickets to Mexico booked!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mine are now scheduled, 3/16 and 4/13. My parents have had both shots. I'm 55 with Lupus, I guess I was never high risk. My son is a junior at Annapolis and he had covid and recovered in January. Now they have him helping out with getting mids to isolation, delivering meals, and still doing his full class load. They're not expecting vaccinations until May. I want to travel again.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com