User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will you take the vaccine as soon as it is made available to your category?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

165 85.49%
  • No

28 14.51%
Page 38 of 94 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vaccine Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Vaccine Thread

Quote Originally Posted by beeatnik View Post
    LA County which is not representative (West Coast!) of VS will likely reach 86%. There's great enthusiasm for the vaccines here. Based on the numbers published by the LA Co Health Dept only one city in the County, La Habra Heights, reports vaccination rates below 50% (for those currently eligible). My sister who lives in the neighboring town claims the Low Vaxx City is known as a Cop and Firefighter Enclave.

Over 65 vaccination rates:
    Attachment 118491
    (Malibu, surprisingly low rates...Health Vibes Effect?)

La Habra Heights, the only city in LA County to go entirely for Trump
    Attachment 118492
    Attachment 118493

Attachment 118494
    I found this incredible so i went to the cdc website and looked up los angeles county , california.
    they report 30.2% of the total population and 38.1% of the above 18 year old population. you can plug in the county and state yourself. You do realize your graph says for people over 65 years old?

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#county-view

-Mike G

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two students of my wife's, a sophomore and junior, are flying to the States from Spain to get vaccinated this weekend.

Assuming the families don't work for an airline, that's hefty out of pocket with PCRs potentially on both ends plus airfare especially considering teens are low risk with a 0.02% mortality rate.

Chalk a win for Fauci though if that's not all hands on deck I don't know what is

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by holliscx View Post
    Two students of my wife's, a sophomore and junior, are flying to the States from Spain to get vaccinated this weekend.

Assuming the families don't work for an airline, that's hefty out of pocket with PCRs potentially on both ends plus airfare especially considering teens are low risk with a 0.02% mortality rate.

Chalk a win for Fauci though if that's not all hands on deck I don't know what is
    What are PCR's?

So these are Spanish citizens flying to the US for vaccines? Are they college students or high school students?

I don't understand the Fauci reference.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I"m officially two weeks from my 2nd on Sunday. A bit bummed that so many are opting not to get vaccinated. We'll be lucky if more than 50% of those over 18 get their 2nd dose. Wondering if full FDA approval will change this at all. Seems companies as well as the armed services are waiting for a full FDA approval before mandating. Everyone is congratulating themselves for lower covid numbers but seems to me the weather could be partially responsible and we just have further to go in terms of herd immunity numbers -Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fastupslowdown View Post
    I found this incredible so i went to the cdc website and looked up los angeles county , california.
    they report 30.2% of the total population and 38.1% of the above 18 year old population. you can plug in the county and state yourself. You do realize your graph says for people over 65 years old?

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#county-view

-Mike G
    Correct, the numbers are for 65 and older as they were the first to become eligible. I'd estimate that we're approaching 50% for adults (teenagers not included).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    What are PCR's?

So these are Spanish citizens flying to the US for vaccines? Are they college students or high school students?

I don't understand the Fauci reference.
    I think he means Fauci's complicated messaging has resulted in a distortion of risk for certain populations. Wealthy and young is probably down at the bottom of the list of vulnerable populations. If you're smart that is. But these girls may just be interested in going to raves or burning man type deals without any limitations.

And PCRs refers to the inconvenience of abusing your nostrils with 2 Covid tests when you're likely to be negative.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beeatnik View Post
    I think he means Fauci's complicated messaging has resulted in a distortion of risk for certain populations. Wealthy and young is probably down at the bottom of the list of vulnerable populations. If you're smart that is. But these girls may just be interested in going to raves or burning man type deals without any limitations.

And PCRs refers to the inconvenience of abusing your nostrils with 2 Covid tests when you're likely to be negative.
    So you must know who he is talking about if you know they are girls, because he didn’t identify them as more than students. He also lives in Spain and didn’t say whether these students were US nationals or Spanish citizens. Do you know that information also? If they are Spanish citizens, I am surprised that Fauci has that sort of reach and influence.

If this is just a pair of expat US kids coming back for vaccines, that’s one thing. But if these are Spanish citizens sending their kids to the US to be vaccinated, that’s interesting.
    Last edited by j44ke; 05-01-2021 at 08:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you must know who he is talking about if you know they are girls, because he didn’t identify them as more than students. He also lives in Spain and didn’t say whether these students were US nationals or Spanish citizens. Do you know that information also? If they are Spanish citizens, I am surprised that Fauci has that sort of reach and influence.

If this is just a pair of expat US kids coming back for vaccines, that’s one thing. But if these are Spanish citizens sending their kids to the US to be vaccinated, that’s interesting.
    He said teens so I assumed girls or boys. Since one is a sophomore and one is a junior they must be in high school as most college juniors are 20 or older. I'm not aware of their nationality but I'm sure they have passports.

As for the Fauci critique, you know how some of us like to trumpet the survival rate for covid. I believe Hollis said it's 99.98% for teenagers; CFR that is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they are Spanish high school students that makes them (possibly) foreign national minors traveling alone (are they?) and would also make this interesting.

I know someone who has been researching vaccine travel to the US. It is a thing.

Fauci. Whatever. 576,000 deaths. And that’s undercounting.
    Last edited by j44ke; 05-01-2021 at 09:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know someone who has been researching vaccine travel to the US. It is a thing.
    I can think of at least 15 examples of people my wife or I have interacted with here who either had family visiting from abroad to get vaccinated or who were here themselves to do so. It's definitely a thing.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had my second on Sunday at 5. Was advised to stay well hydrated, which I have done. No substantial discomfort. Hungry, sore arm, and my face felt like I had a sunburn for a bit.

Got off easy.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got my second dose. Yay!

Hoping I can proceed as usual this afternoon as I have a ton of shit to do.
    Solitudinally challenged

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally got my first shot (AZ) yesterday-such a relief to finally get it.

I am a bit lethargic today, but nothing extreme.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wifey got 2nd round of Pfizer yesterday at 10am. Around 10pm she started feeling kind of blah. At 6am she had a 100* fever. We'll see how today goes.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had my second Pfizer on Sunday at 5. Was told to make a point of hydrating assiduously. Which I did: electrolyte fizzies included. This definitely helped and I had no really bad reaction other than tiredness, a strange buzz, and a sunburned feeling on my face.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took Doctor Trond’s advice and washed down each of my pfizer vaccines with plenty of hoppy lager.
    3rd day out from my second shot and still smooth sailing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    Wifey got 2nd round of Pfizer yesterday at 10am. Around 10pm she started feeling kind of blah. At 6am she had a 100* fever. We'll see how today goes.
    24hrs of the blahs and all is back to normal. Per her, "it's like yesterday didn't even happen".
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    24hrs of the blahs and all is back to normal. Per her, "it's like yesterday didn't even happen".
    Wives are tough. And great.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My second shot was 72 hours ago. I had more of a reaction from the first dose. My Whoop showed my respiratory rate to have increased for Tuesday and Wednesday nights sleep, and had me in the red for recovery yesterday. Last night things got closer to normal and I had a solid ride this morning. Food for thought.
    Solitudinally challenged